JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 4060
Job Title: Protection Program Assistant (PSS)
Application deadline: 17-11-2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- Minimum one-year experience working with an INGO or LNGO.
- At least 2 years of progressively responsible professional experience in protection, GBV/WPE, child protection, case management other related area with a minimum of 6 months’ work experience with NGOs.
- Commitment to and understanding of core values and principles.
- Commitment to gender, diversity and human rights.
- Ability to work in unstable, uncertain or potentially dangerous environments, independently and in a team.
- Excellent animation and facilitation skills.
- Excellent reporting and data management skills.
- Strong coordination capacity and excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills.
- Excellent skills MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Power point.
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English, Kurdish will be an asset.
- Pro-active and helpful attitude, ready to take on variety of new tasks.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
- Not afraid to pilot new ideas, fail, and learn from mistakes.
- Under the supervision of the PPO, proposes Protection mobile unit and outreach’s periodic planning of activities.
- Participate when required to needs assessment and periodic data collection exercises.
- Supports the PPO in the identification of protection risks, trends and development; with a specific focus on GBV and women and girls. Communicate timely and according to confidentiality and dignity concerns. Ensures that action is taken to mitigate protection related risks.
- Conduct community outreach through various way to dissemination critical protection information related to services available, life-saving messages, referral mechanisms and protection risks and threats.
- Oversee outreach activities carried out by partner organization/s.
- Design, plan and implement awareness-raising initiatives and activities targeting women, men, girls and boys and addressing their specific needs and major protection issues identified and prioritized by communities.
- Maximize beneficiary participation in awareness-raising activities and encourage the implementation of community-based activities.
- Design/adapt and advise partners on appropriate and accessible outreach and awareness-raising material and ensure close coordination with relevant stakeholders on the development of key messages.
- Identify the most relevant channels of information for each group targeted.
- In coordination with the Case Workers, identify and refer persons at-heightened risks in need of protection/specialized services.
- Supervise, coach and build-capacities of / partner volunteers involved in outreach and awareness-raising activities.
- Identifies problems associated with the delivery of the programme and timely inform line manager. Proactively and participatory contributes to suggest solutions or mitigation strategies.
- Ensure that cross-cutting issues, protection and gender mainstreaming are adequately mainstreamed across the activities.
- Work closely with staff, partner organization and volunteers (including other programs) on the design and implementation of the activities and ensure services are understood by targeted communities; especially the most vulnerable. Conduct joint identification exercises with Case Workers.
- Support CWs in the update of the service mapping and the development/strengthening of effective referral mechanisms. Refer to CWs GBV survivors identified.
- Maintain liaison with the local government officials, other I/NGO’s and community-based organization’s (CBO) at the community level to ensure their cooperation and coordination for effective implementation of the program in the areas.
- Represent on local exercises in his/her geographic area of responsibility.
- In general, make sure that a positive and professional image of is conveyed. In particular, ensure that mandate, thematic policies, ethics, values and views are followed in relation to third parties.
- Under the supervision of the PPO and in close coordination with the Protection Data Assistant, ensure proper data collection of activities and beneficiaries, ensuring confidentiality of data when required (including soft and hard data).
- Conduct periodic and regular visit to sites where partner activities are implemented and report back on progress/ observations etc.
- Collect data on regularly base and regularly update individual monitoring files of the Program beneficiaries.
- Keep proper records of expenditures and report on these to the line manager.
- Report on protection monitoring key findings.
- Participate in the management of the program’s activities, according to the strategies for reaching the objectives.
- Identify the problems associated with the delivery of the program and inform line manager, HR, logistics, beneficiaries in accordance to line manager’s orientations. Develop common priority actions leading to solutions to the identified problems.
- Attend and take part in the meetings necessary for passing on information for the smooth running of activities.
- Help his/her line manager in setting up the activities schedule every week.
- Attend relevant trainings on Protection, GBV, Psychosocial Support and others when requested.
- Use program resources effectively and with, and mobilize local resources wherever possible. Raise to the line manager any material/service needed for the delivery of outreach and awareness-raising activities;
- Facilitate mobilization of local resources and encourage maximum use of them;
- Contribute to the development of procurement plans and raise purchase requests when required.
- Bring special attention to risks of fraud and corruption and ensure whistleblowing policy and mechanisms are disseminated and understood by the team.
- Submit weekly movement plans according to the program priorities and weekly plan.
- Report without delay any security issue / incident to the S&S focal point and the line manager and ensure security of the staff on the field.
- Ensure understanding of and compliance to PSEA and Child Safeguarding policies and reporting mechanisms.
- Ensure affected populations are fully aware about PSEA and CS policies and know how to report in a safe and confidential way. Implement awareness-raising initiatives about PSEA and CS and ensure the delivery of key messages to targeted communities.
The Protection Outreach Assistant is responsible for the implementation of outreach and awareness-raising activities in protection community centers and mobile units in targeted communities either through partner or directly. S/he will also be responsible in supporting PSS activities implemented under the project. S/he works under the supervision of the Protection Program Officer and in collaboration with the Protection program team and partners. The Protection Outreach Assistant supervises also the activities carried out by volunteers. S/he is responsible for the quality and safeness of activities delivered under his/her supervision, according to mandate and commitments and relevant international standards.
Contract period: Till 31st December 2020 (with possibility to extend)
Advertiser : Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Sur
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
- CV and cover letter should be in one file and only application in English will be considered;
- Application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date of 17th Nov 2020;
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.