JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 4066
Job Title: Program Officer Case Management
Application deadline: 18-11-2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- Experience and/or excellent understanding of child rights, child protection in emergencies, case management, alternative care, psychosocial support, child and youth development, child and youth resilience and empowerment.
- At least one and a half years’ experience in child protection and/ or working with vulnerable families, caregivers, communities and individuals.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and capacity to maintain relations with government officials, community leaders, children and youth.
- At least two years of experience in managing projects, including supervision of staff.
- In-depth experience of training-development and delivery, including Child Protection and Case Management.
- Proficiency in computer use including Microsoft Office and excel.
- Commitment to and understanding of the organization aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches and child safeguarding policies and procedures.
- Flexibility and willingness to change work practices and hours and spend time in the field, sometimes in difficult conditions and with limited resources, and with remote management.
- Good understanding of the Al-Hassakeh and Al Raqqa regions, key decision makers and context.
- Good knowledge of Arabic, Kurdish and English.
- Provide training (CM/S2P) and on the job mentoring (Coaching and Supervision practice tools) as part of technical guidance to the CM Assistants in their team.
- Support the identification of vulnerable children in need of individual support and counselling.
- Participate in regular case management meetings with staff to review case and decide on actions plans (at least once every two weeks).
- In case of referrals, participate in case management conferences with relevant actors (INGOs, local NGOs and other external stakeholders) to ensure plans are developed together in the best interest of the child.
- Ensure that assessments are conducted, and case plans developed and reviewed.
- Provide technical support and/or manage complex cases and manage caseload for individual CM Assistants.
- Ensure the CM regularly update cases in the CPIMS+ and no backlog of cases is reported from the team. Constantly check on the progress of the of cases through the case management steps with keen observation of ethical standards including confidentiality/ data protection
- In collaboration with the Child Protection Monitoring and Resilience team, establish and maintain relationships with key informants and community-based mechanisms and establish a functional referral system and the quality benchmarks are adhered to
- Support, coach and mentor the organization Staff and other relevant stakeholders, to ensure quality interventions for children in need of individual psychosocial support.
- Provide technical input and deliver activities and trainings in the area of child and family-focused protection, psychosocial support, youth-adolescents life skills, community child protection mechanisms, and capacity building, including integrated work with other SC sectors, such as education.
- Draft weekly, monthly, progress and other reports, as required.
- Inform the line manager about any challenges, difficulties and concerns in the implementation of activities or issues in the social context.
- Any other duties within reason (in line with skills and experience).
Human resource management
- Responsible for line management of case management assistants.
- Follow up staff attendance, leaves, and coverage during leave for the staff under her/his supervision.
- Ensure regular feedback to the staff under her/his responsibility and appraisal process when needed.
- Support disciplinary measures application if needed.
Coordination and representation
- Coordinate with other sectors and departments as necessary.
- Represent the organization case management in internal or external visits and calls where needed.
- Ensure a strict adherence to the principles of child protection and child safeguarding at all times, including respect for confidentiality and always acting in the best interests of the child.
- Comply with the organization policies and practices with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- In agreement with line manager, perform other required duties within reason (in line with skills and experience).
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Advertiser : Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Raqua
How to Apply:
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
INGO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
The application period closes on 18th of November 2020
NOTE: Please mention your English and Computer skills clearly in your application
Applicants may submit their CVs with their cover letter, address; telephone number and contact information to email@example.com – Subject of the email must clearly state ” Program Officer Case Management )”