JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 4069
Job Title: Area Coordinator
Application deadline: 18-11-2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- Degree with specialization programme and or support services management or equivalent relevant experience.
- 5 years of overall experience in INGOs, at least 3 years at management level experience within a complex humanitarian setting
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, and capacity to maintain relations with community leaders, community members, children and youth.
- Strong understanding of the situation of children and young adults (girls and boys) in rural and urban communities.
- Strong communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills in Arabic and English
- Previous experience of program management, including multi sector programmes
- Field level representation with key stakeholders and co-ordination with other NGOs/UN
- Strong influencing skills and experience in advocacy
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Experience or knowledge of working and living in the specific field office.
- Knowledge of the organization systems and procedures
- Experience in program management
- Experience in budget management
- Experience in staff capacity building
- Good understanding of team, gender, equality dynamics
Additional job responsibilities
- The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
- Lead in the implementation of all programs in the assigned area through a coordinated approach ensuring that teams work as a unit
- Have responsibility for budgeting as well as monitoring budgets for all the awards implemented in the area with support from the Field Manager, ensuring that programs, support services and reports are delivered according to SC and donor contractual requirements, within the agreed timescale and budget.
- Work with the Partnership Coordinator in ensuring that partners are identified, supported to delivery program effectively.
- Support, coach and mentor the program teams, monitor their work and provide guidance and oversight, ensuring that staff achieve the programs expected results on time and within quality standards.
- Establish and maintain a strong relationship and liaise with other stakeholders, including managers, communities, partners, and participate in relevant meetings.
- Ensure that planning and work is coordinated with efforts of other agencies and authorities, and take a leadership role, ensuring the specific needs of children are being addressed.
- Identify program supplies needs and coordinate with the logistics team to put in place a sensible phased procurement plan.
- Prepare timely program and donor reports on program activities in compliance with internal and external donor requirements.
- Oversee programme implementation to ensure timely delivery of programme activities (for example, monitoring against log frames & BvAs, individual performance management work plans).
- Support on recruitment , induction of new joiners and ensure that before staff start work they have gone through all the mandatory trainings.
- Through the program officer, implement participatory assessment to contribute to programme planning and MEAL processes
- Supervise and motivate are base staff to perform highly in their respective roles and responsibilities. This will include leading on staffing structure, recruitment, performance management and implementing staff welfare policy.
- Ensure that the minimum standards of humanitarian relief are maintained in accordance with the Sphere Charter and Red Cross Code of Conduct.
- Representation & Advocacy & Organisational Learning:
- Ensure that the organization work is coordinated with efforts of other agencies and local authorities, and take a leadership role within the area program and report back to the Field Manager.
- Support multi-agency coordination at field office, and lend support to cluster where appropriate to identify opportunities and material to contribute to communications and media work, acting as a spokesperson when required.
- Comply with the organization policies and practice with respect to child guarding, code of conduct, Anti harassment, fraud, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Ensure the security, health and well-being of staff and that staff management and other processes and policies and systems reflect SC ‘s principles of equity and fairness.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Advertiser : Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Raqua
How to Apply:
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
INGO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
The application period closes on 18th of November 2020
NOTE: Please mention your English and Computer skills clearly in your application
Applicants may submit their CVs with their cover letter, address; telephone number and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org – Subject of the email must clearly state ” Area Coordinator”