JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 4070
Job Title: Livelihood Officer X 2
Application deadline: 18-11-2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
Experiences and skills:
- At least 3 years’ experience in relevant sector out of which 1 year with Humanitarian organizations.
- Good understanding of NGO programming and humanitarian assistance activities, including operations and logistics
- Fluent Arabic/Kurdish language
- Good knowledge of English language
- Bachelor degree in Agriculture or equivalent study
- Very good skills in computer usage
- Good negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work long hours when needed.
- Experience working as a part of a team.
- Understanding of cross-cutting issues, such as gender, protection, youth, and environment
- Ability to work under pressure and with limited supervision.
- Experience in cash programs
- Experience in designing and delivering training
- NGO experience
The Livelihood Officer is responsible for the following:
- Provide inputs for new projects based on the needs/changes on ground.
- Support field level rapid needs assessments as required to identify the needs, under supervision of Senior Camp Officer
- Coordinate with local authorities’/community leaders for planning and implementation of assessments and program activities.
- Carry out all program activities (in-kind, cash/vouchers etc) in line with approved Standard Operating Procedures (SoP). Immediately flag with Senior Camp Officer on any deviation from SoPs.
- With guidance from Senior Officer, work with food distribution team and volunteers to complete program implementation to a high quality and in a timely manner.
- Supervise beneficiary registration, verification and selection process and be responsible to ensure community consultation are carried out during the process.
- Guide/supervise Assistants and Volunteers to organize safe distributions and also to use correct tools during the whole distribution process.
- Submit distribution plans in advance for relevant internal stakeholders.
- Prepare and submit distribution reports with correct data to Senior Officer timely manner.
- Implement activities timely manner. Flag with Senior Officer on challenges/bottlenecks for program activities to solve them in advance.
- Daily and/or weekly reporting, as scheduled, on activities to the Area Coordinator.
- Prepare and submit Recruitment requests, procurement requests etc timely manner and coordinate with Senior Officer to flag any delays.
- Coordinate with Senior Officer to ensure all program activities comply with donor policies and with regards to program, logistics, safety, HR, and administration.
- Pro-actively work to prevent fraud or corruption by ensuring adherence to the organization guidelines on fraud prevention with relevant line managers.
- Provide all field level information needed for internal and external reports in a timely manner in collaboration with relevant staff.
- Represents the organization at the local level including local councils, community leaders etc.
- Closely work relations with MEAL team to ensure MEAL activities are carried out along with program activities timely. For eg – inform MEAL team in advance for planned distributions to ensure MEAL staff
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Advertiser : Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Derek/Roj Camp
How to Apply:
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
INGO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
The application period closes on 18th November 2020
NOTE: We will be reviewing CV’s when submitted and may be recruiting the right candidate before closing date
Applicants may submit their CVs with their address; telephone number and contact information to email@example.com – Subject of the email must clearly state ” Livelihood Officer X 2