JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 4077
Job Title: MEAL Officer
Application deadline: 21-11-2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- A minimum of three years progressively responsible experience in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning.
- Good written & verbal proficiency in Arabic and English.
- At least university degree in Agriculture, Engineering, Journalism, Social Science, Political Science, Business Administration, Economics, Management, or in a related area is preferred.
- Good analytical and reporting skills, with the ability to develop useful tools and formats in coordination with the Programme Managers.
- Experience in the implementation of M&E tools in development projects implemented by national/international NGOs/UN bodies/ Government.
- Experience in working with partners.
- Experience in data collection.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Good interpersonal skills, good communication, planning, organizational compliance, systems development & ability to work well in a team.
- Able to work effectively under, & adapt to, difficult conditions.
- Strong training and facilitation skills.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural and/or international work environment.
- Have a good understanding of the political interests, geography and issues related to access and programme implementation throughout Syria.
- Ability to supervise, train and support other members of his/her team to collect data and information in a sensitive and acceptable manner.
- Experience with working in partnerships.
- Experience in capacity building of local organisations.
- Proactive with integrity, initiative and ability to think and work independently.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, handle pressure, improvise, and be a good team player.
Creative thinking, problem solving orientation, accountability for results.
The MEAL Officer is required to primarily support development and implementation of MEAL systems throughout NPA’s Programmes. This position is under direct line management of Senior MEAL Officer and is based in Raqqa city with frequent travel within the north east part of Syria. The position is responsible for implementing MEAL related activities in consultation with the relevant project staff throughout NPA’s programmes. The position will provide direct support to NPA’s partners to develop quality internal systems and monitoring tools and outcomes.
Specific description: Assessment and Research: Support the programme team in:
- Conducting field assessment to identify key response gaps in areas related to programme implementation.
- Conducting context mapping to identify and analyse indicators of community instability, conflict, engagement, etc in areas of humanitarian and development implementation, to ensure programme quality.
- Carrying out quantitative data collection from the field using different methods such as Key Informant Interviews (KIIs), Focus Group Discussion (FGDs), polls interviews, etc.
- Analysing existing secondary data sets and primary data, using available data analyse tools and methods.
- Organising, designing and carrying out qualitative fieldwork, often with targeted benefices, in different locations and contexts across.
- Conducting qualitative analysis of data conducted through KIIs, FGDs, workshops or other methods.
- Carrying out baseline assessment, using a range of methods and sources of data, required to develop the programme indicators.
- Producing quality and varied baseline outputs for the programmes including analysis, report writing and presentations where necessary.
Authority/ Decisions: Typical decisions the holder of the positions makes
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Implement monitoring and evaluation procedures and systems with direct guidance from Senior MEAL Officer/MEAL Manager.
- Create framework and procedures for the monitoring and evaluation of project activities and results with support from the supervisor, in line with Log Frames and objectives as defined by the Programme Managers.
- Work closely with the Programme team in designing and developing logical frameworks and output, outcome and a results-based monitoring systems.
- Contribute to reporting and quality assure all reporting on outputs and results, including implementing monitoring systems in complex situations.
- Support and facilitate conduction of any external evaluation missions and monitor the follow up of evaluation recommendations.
- Conduct monitoring site visits to different project locations project activities to measure performance against the work plan.
- Produce monitoring reports for the events/ sites visited.
- Lead field evaluation of projects and partners through focus group discussions, key informant interviews, household interviews.
- Ensure the accountability systems is in place towards beneficiaries, partners and donors.
- Contribute to further development and continuous updating of the accountability strategy in line with NPA standards.
- Manage and improve the complaint and feedback mechanisms for the programme including tracking of follow-up, ensuring adherence to agreed standards.
- Share accountability findings with the programme teams in an appropriate format.
- Conduct reviews, learning events, surveys at project locations.
- Facilitate information sharing and learning between NPA and relevant stakeholders. including members and relevant local authorities as required.
- Ensure proper documentation of NPA experiences and lessons learnt.
- Support the development of a proper and effective data management system.
- Provide information and inputs to be used for NPA communication and reporting materials.
- Support Programme Managers on research, baselines, data collection tools and analyse log frames to ensure high impacting data is collected.
- Develop relevant training modules and train staff on MEAL and in project-specific tools and systems to track and document progress against outputs, outcomes and results.
- Work closely with partner MEAL staff or focal points and provide support as appropriate.
- Provide training to partners on accountability and support them in setting up own mechanisms.
- Contribute to organizational development of local partners, including supporting the Programme Manager in developing systems to track progress on capacity building and organizational development of partners.
Department/Project/Region MEAL, Syria- Raqqa
Last revised: July, 2020
Immediate Superior: Senior MEAL Officer
Shall report to: Senior MEAL Officer
The MEAL officer will work directly with the Senior MEAL Officer and relevant team in programme design, monitoring, evaluation and reporting within the Northeast – NES NPA implemented programmes. S/he will be responsible for providing support and contributing in: the development and implementing of annual MEAL plans; development of MEAL tools; training of partners staff, communities and partners in key MEAL concepts and skills; documentation and dissemination of key learnings from MEAL and research results in support of the objectives and outcomes of the programme; and ensuring that the NES programmes are accountable to beneficiaries and other stakeholders in line with NPA and donor policies and practices.
The position is based in Raqqa-Syria with frequent travel throughout the North East Syria locations.
Reference is made to the NPA Regulation for Delegation or Authority, Quality Management and Guidelines for the NPA Iraq-Syria Office.
The MEAL Officer is to abide by the policies and personal code of conduct by the Norwegian People’s Aid and represent the organisation in a loyal and responsible manner.
Advertiser : Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Raqqa
How to Apply:
Applicants may submit their CVs with their contact details and telephone number to HRiraqsyria@npaid.org before closing date November 19th, 2020
Please mention the vacancy title: Raqqa – MEAL Officer in the subject box of your email; CVs received after the closing date will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.