JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 4093
Job Title: ECD Program Assistant مساعد برنامج رعاية الطفولة المبكرة
Application deadline: 21-11-2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
Female Applicants are highly encouraged to apply
- Degree in social work, education, healthcare, and law or other related fields;
- 1-2 years of significant work experience and relevant trainings can be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Previous experience in education, health or protection.
- Previous experience conducting community outreach ideal
- Previous experience in psychosocial support and case management is desired
- Experiences working with children
- Strong understanding of ECD issues including Education, health, and protection.
- Ability to discuss sensitive issues with respect and empathy including ability to provide basic Psychological First Aid services
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and respect for clients at all times
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to use smart phones, tablets, and related communication technology in data collection. Within MS Office, must have good Excel and Word skills.
- Adequate internet access to download and upload electronically
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Effective team player with strong leadership skills and initiatives.
- Strong sense of personal integrity and understanding of confidentiality and ethics.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and travel as required to different field sites
- Willing to participate in trainings, self-improve, and engage in continuous learning.
Language Skills: Fluency in Arabic/Kurdish is required. English language skills preferred.
- The organization and its workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in organization Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the organization operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
- The organization encourages women to work with us to reach the neediest people in need of humanitarian assistance, such as women, widows and children. We are committed to providing a decent work environment that takes into account the needs of women in the workplace, such as maternity leave and safety protocols that take into account the special needs of women in the field.
- Facilitate interactive ECD sessions and activities for children ages (0-8) years old,
- Facilitate ECD sessions targeting caregivers.
- Create space and stimulating learning environment through utilizing teaching and learning
materials throughout the lessons.
- Follow and implement the IRC ECD/Ahlan Simsim curricula and lessons accurately targeting
caregivers and children.
- Provide tailored sessions for beneficiaries on ECD sessions key messages.
- Collect data as required by ECD Officer and the M&E Officer
Support with establishing formalized referral pathways within the communities of work to available services;
- Raise awareness regarding the availability of ECD, mental health, psychosocial support and health services;
- Identify and refer cases for more specialized mental health support or case management services;
- Participate in capacity building trainings as directed by supervisor;
- Carry out capacity building of other humanitarian actors and IRC staff on ECD services as requested;
- Participate in regular supervision meetings with supervisor;
- Follow a pre-prepared schedule of activities in agreed communities;
- Make efforts to learn and improve activities based on feedback and M&E information.
- Support all relevant distribution operations.
- Perform other office and field duties related to ECD as assigned by supervisor to ensure the smooth running of the program
ECD Program Assistant will work alongside the ECD teams in NES to help provide Early Childhood Development (ECD) activities targeting caregivers and children attending the ECD centers with their parents. The facilitator will provide young children (0-8) with higher quality early learning environment in the ECD centers by engaging them in tailored activities, specialized viewings, and modular games. The ECD Program Assistant also will support the provision of tailored sessions for caregivers in supporting ECD through awareness raising and group sessions.
Advertiser : Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Amuda
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
1) Go to the below link and fill out the spaces with needed information and then submit your application. Make sure you attach supported document (PDF-Word).
Female Applicants are highly encouraged to apply
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.