JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 4106
Job Title: WASH Officer – Non-Engineering assignment موظف المياه والصرف الصحي والنظافة الصحية – مهمة غير هندسية
Application deadline: 27-11-2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
Sound and practical Hygiene promotion experience in humanitarian sector
– Knowledge of CLTS, PHAST, COMMUNITY ENGAGMENT, CHAST
– Fluent in Arabic, both written and spoken (obligatory)
– Knowledge of English will be considered as an strong advantage (desired)
– University Degree in Social sciences, Public health or other relevant field(s) and at least 1 year of practical, hands-on experience in water treatment, supply and infrastructure, sanitation or public health;
– Knowledge and experience in social WASH activities, with related community mobilisation, monitoring of WASH related activities, etc.;
– Previous experience in cooperation with local governance structures is an advantage;
– Previous experience with NGO’s is an advantage;
– Very good computer skills (Microsoft Office, Dropbox, Good Drive, etc.);
– Excellent organization, coordination, analytical and problem-solving skills; and capacity to prioritize, communicate effectively and meet deadlines;
– Reliable, committed; and able to function well independently and within a team, and adapt to flexible working hours when necessary; professional, proactive, organized and service oriented;
– Familiarity with the humanitarian context affecting Syrian population;
– A high level of professional and personal maturity together with an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, managers and external partners, including I/NGOs, community representatives and civil society; candidates must be able to interact with sensitivity with all stakeholders respecting diversity and gender, and be able to sensitively and successfully integrate into a multicultural working environment with people from different nationalities and backgrounds;
– A strong commitment towards humanitarian relief and development operations; it is of utmost priority that candidates understand, respect and actively promote the spirit of the mandate and core humanitarian values, including: humanity and the humanitarian imperative, independence, impartiality, neutrality, and accountability in aid.
The main responsibility of WASH Officer is to support the WASH team in implementing WASH activities in Aleppo Governorate, related to Community well-being and WASH Services improvement. He/she will be working under direct supervision of WASH Team leader in Raqqa.
The main tasks of the WASH Officer (social profile) are as follows:
– Providing WASH support to the WASH team, to implement efficiently WASH activities related to Community activities, health and WASH Services improvement;
– Conducting direct and remote assessments of the current WASH situation within targeted Communities, in coordination with stakeholders;
– Liaise with Community leaders, members and Authorities to raise beneficiaries listings, according to selection criteria;
– Supporting the development and implementation of suitable tools and systems for assessment, evaluation and monitoring within the targeted communities;
– Supervising community visits and NFI distribution on the field, monitoring the implementation of WASH activities, and providing all necessary adjustments on site to allow efficient progress of activity;
– Conducting and supervising direct mobilisations activities within targeted communities, with the support of local mobilisers and WASH assistants
– Reporting to the WASH team on the progress and problems in implementation, and proactively suggesting possible solutions;
– Supporting the preparation of internal and external (donor) reports with activities progress data and field information;
– Representing, upon WASH manager request, the WASH team and CVT organisation with relevant external stakeholders (cluster meetings, meetings with partner organizations, training providers, LCs and CSOs, etc.);
– Any other activity in accordance with required qualifications, as requested by WASH Manager.
Starting date: 01/12/2020
Length of contract: 6 months (with possibility of extension)
Reports to: WASH Team leader,
Liaise with: WASH assistants, Community DW
- Both male and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Possibility to gain working experience within in internationally recognized NGO;
- 24 days of paid leave per year.
Advertiser : Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Raqqa
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Interested candidates shall submit their CV to Raqqa Social Affairs and Labour Office or using this link https://airtable.com/shrVRksDhcKfhFuIm , no later than midnight 27th November 2020. Please mention the position title for which you are
applying in the subject line of the email. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Due to the urgency of the position, suitable candidates may be selected prior to the application deadline.
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.