JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 4109
Job Title: Community Outreach Worker عامل التوعية المجتمعية
Application deadline: 29-11-2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
Education and Experience:
- Certificate/At least 1 year of experience in the field of psychology or sociology;
- Certificates or experience in the field of environmental health, public health or related fields is considered an advantage;
- Experience of conducting monitoring;
- Strong personal commitment to aid transparency and accountability;
- Understanding of protection principles and their practical application;
- Experience working for (inter)national NGOs (desired);
- Experience working in protection (mainstreaming) programs is considered an advantage.
Skills and Personality Requirements:
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and remain calm despite setbacks, managing and meeting deadlines;
- Fluent in Arabic, good level of English is considered an advantage;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team in multiple sectors;
- Willing and able to frequently travel to CvT offices and field sites;
- Ability to conduct training and awareness sessions;
- Capacity to prioritize and communicate effectively.
- Knowledge of Hygiene promotions (CLTS, PHAST, CHAST) and/or Housing, Land and Property (HLP) rights is an advantage
Community Outreach Activities
– Responsible for the organization and execution of awareness raising events/campaigns, as requested by and related to the various departments;
– Liaising with communities, explaining the CRM and referring household members where necessary to protection actors through the adequate protection referral mechanism;
– Closely follow-up, training and coaching of staff on communication with beneficiaries as regulated through the Community Feedback and Response Mechanism;
– Complement the existing mission-wide protection risk analysis by conduction micro-level community protection needs/risk analysis, service mapping;
– Identify specific vulnerabilities experienced by men, women, girls, and boys, and groups such as IDPs, elderly, individuals with disabilities, and persons belonging to other minorities in target communities;
– With the support of WASH officers and team leader, support to organize hygiene promotion sessions in schools, communities and health facilities
– Support in developing of hygiene promotion messages, locally contextualized IEC materials and attending community meetings before and after the project closure
– Support the Shelter team and their beneficiaries to ensure that Shelter eligibility criteria and Housing, Land and Property rights are known by all;
– Identify the protection barriers for the proper implementation of the projects ensure protection is integrated in the activities.
– Support the protection officer and MEAL department with the regular monitoring and evaluation of the impact of protection mainstreaming mechanisms across all project areas and throughout project cycles, by using the protection mainstreaming checklists;
– Facilitating referrals to other actors specializing in services including but not limited to protection, child protection, nutrition, health, legal services;
– Possibility to be nominated as field-based PSEA focal point;
Starting date: ASAP
Contract duration: 6 months with the possibility of extension
Country Programme: Northeast Syria
Base: Raqqa (1 male)
Line Manager: Protection Officer
About the mission
CvT delivers assistance in Northern Syria addressing the needs of IDPs and hosting communities in several sectors such as food security, education, shelter and WASH. CvT is well-established organization with several field offices, direct implementation and more than 300 employees.
About the role
The Community Outreach Worker will support the various departments in the field with reaching out to the community, being in contact with them and the field implementation of protection mainstreaming activities. The specific focus will be on areas related to CvT programming: hygiene and shelter. He/She will be working directly under supervision of the Protection Officer in close cooperation with WASH, Shelter and Food Security departments
Advertiser : Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Raqqa
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
- Interested candidates must fill out this form: https://airtable.com/shrfcJBesCWHgII1J
- Deadline: midnight on Tuesday 24th of November, 2020
- Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.