JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 4120
Job Title: Static CCCM – Protection Officer (NES) مسؤول الحماية
Application deadline: 25-11-2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
o Graduated from the university degree (i.e. at least Bachelor level) with a major in social science, law, education or psychology.;
o At least three-years’ experience working in an international/local NGO or for an international institution (e.g. agencies);
o At least 2-years’ experience working in the field of protection with an international/local NGO or for an international Institutions (e.g. agencies) in a camp;
o At least one-year managerial experience, including leading/supervising staff, report writing, meeting facilitation;
o Proficient skills with the Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. particularly in PowerPoint and Word);
o Very good level of English (i.e. spoken and written);
o Does not reside in the camp;
o Strong attention to details;
o Master graduate with a major social science, law, education or psychology.;
o Ability to translate reports from English to local language;
o Certificate/Training in web-design / data visualization.
Identification and monitoring of protection risks and concerns in the informal settlements
- Monitor protection issues and provide feedback to partners based on findings;
- Participate in regular spot check in the targeted sites;
- Conduct regular safety audit – in coordination with protection actors if any present in the camp
- Hold focus group discussions with site residents especially vulnerable groups to identify and analyse protection needs and gaps that exist within the targeted sites and settlements;
- Participate in the analysis – in coordination with the CCCM Program Officer and CCCM Team Leader – of protection risks and spheres of action where protection activities can be set in to meet the identified risks.
- Ensure monitoring of protection mainstreaming in the services delivered (e.g. distributions);
Identification and support to vulnerable site residents
- In cooperation with CCCM IM unit, ensure that individuals with special needs are identified during registration and through door-to-door visit;
- Ensure that vulnerable households and individuals receive information on services available and refer to other organisations if needs identified;
- Ensure that committees set up are inclusive and to the needs of the most vulnerable site residents;
- Assess accessibility challenges to access services for vulnerable groups/individuals through spot check, assessment, focus group discussion and analysis of complaints.
Support to Governance and capacity building
- Support for the establishment of site-level governance structure and ensure the representation in these governance structures of vulnerable / minority communities (i.e. women, youth…);
- Participate in the development of the site-level governance structures’ code of conduct and TORs;
- Monitor the effective participation of diverse camp population groups in camp activities including in employment opportunities, community social events and led initiatives;
- Participate in the development and/or review of training materials on protection in liaison with the Protection Technical Coordinator and the CCCM PM;
- Facilitate as requested by the CCCM PM training for stakeholders and site-level governance structures on protection related topics
Service mapping and protection referral pathways
- Ensure effective protection referral pathways with mapped service providers in active in the site of intervention;
- Ensure that referral pathways are communicated and explained to all intervening partners (i.e. humanitarian actors / local authorities) but also to site-level governance structure and more generally site population;
- In cooperation with the Complaints and Feedbacks Mechanism Officer, manage a database of protection incidents reported to and by the CM Teams. Ensure the protection of all data in the database;
- Inform about protection service gaps during coordination meetings.
- Liaise with partners, service providers and camp committees on protection issues;
- Attend all camp coordination meetings;
- Attend external meetings as requested.
- Ensure timely weekly reports to the CCCM Team Leader on protection activities implemented and/or monitored;
- Prepare, analyse and record all FGD reports;
- Prepare ad hoc report upon CCCM Team Leader request.
The Protection Officer manages the provision of all protection activities undertaken by ACTED in the framework of its CCCM programming in the site of intervention. This includes: identification and monitoring of protection issues, ensure effective referral pathways to relevant protection partners but also ensure protection mainstreaming for all actors intervening in the camp, including the other CCCM units (i.e. information management, site maintenance…). The CCCM Protection Officer will also be responsible to ensure that a protection perspective is integrated in the coordination meetings organized in the sites and in other stakeholders’ meetings. While completing the above-mentioned tasks, the Protection Officer will be able to rely on CCCM outreach workers / CCCM skilled data collectors.
- Monitor all protection-related matters (i.e. identify services and gaps) in the site of intervention and follow-up by referring identified cases to the relevant partner and advocate for relevant distribution / services provision to fill identified gaps;
- Ensure the mainstreaming of protection standards across all intervening partners’ programming byt also among other CCCM units;
- Develop new tools / processes to enhance service mapping / monitoring in the site of intervention and better channel up to higher coordination bodies protection concerns;
- Establish/Support effective referral pathway;
- Report on protection activities to the CCCM Team Leader.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- # of weekly Protection report submitted on time (i.e. each Thursday);
- # of training(s) completed with self-governance structures;
- # percentage of protection cases effectively referred;
- # of survey conducted with vulnerable communities in the site of intervention.
Advertiser : Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Al Hasakah
How to Apply:
Well qualified candidates, including women, are strongly encouraged to apply”
To apply for this opportunity, you are kindly requested to read the following points:
1- Read the job description carefully
2- You may need to create a G-mail account
3- Fill in the job application form through the following link:
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview