JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 4178
Job Title: HR Officer مسؤول موارد بشرية
Application deadline: 10.12.2020
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be willing to abide by Samaritan’s Purse’s code of conduct and understand the principals of Samaritan’s Purse’s statement of faith, as well as be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- General knowledge of Human Resource.
- Excellent English Communication skills (Oral and Written).
- High attention to details.
- Commitment to Excellence.
- Above average Microsoft Office tools (Excel, word, Outlook) knowledge.
- Must be self-starter and internally driven.
- Willingness to travel to field when required.
- Committed to Samaritan’s Purse values and ethics.
- Ability to work calmly and efficiently under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to work on own initiative and proactively
- Commitment to maintaining confidentiality
- Attention to detail and excellent in numeracy
Education / Experience Needed
- Bachelor’s Degree (in related field)
- At least 1 year of Human Resource and Administrative work with NGOs
- Preferably with minimum of 2 years’ experience working with INGOs
Fluency in English, Arabic, and Kurdish is required (written and spoken).
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk and run; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
o The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be exposed to loud noises around the maintenance and construction workshops.
o May travel in country with exposure to communicable diseases, hot and humid weather conditions.
o Work in a security context that is fluid
This is a non-contractual document that can be varied from time to time as circumstances dictate. This job description is intended to summarize the main duties and responsibilities of the post; this is not intended to be a full and exhaustive list of tasks. All SP staff is expected to demonstrate flexibility and willingness to perform appropriate tasks when the need arises.
Project # Name: NES – Northeast Syria Response
Position Title: HR Officer
Duty Station: Al-Hassakeh, NE Syria
Reports To: Operations Manager
Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Under the direct supervision of the Operations Manager, the HR Officer is responsible in processing all HR policies in the duty office. S/he will be in-charge of updating and maintaining employee records. S/he is expected to perform all other tasks and responsibilities assigned for the benefit of Samaritan’s Purse with a generous and serving spirit.
- Responsible to maintain up-to-date personnel records for all staff.
- Develop an organize system for incoming and outgoing files.
- Responsible for collecting and processing timesheets/leave requests at the end of each month and make sure all timesheets are submitted on time.
- Responsible for scanning all necessary HR documents and uploading them into electronic storage systems in an organized and timely manner.
- Responsible for processing contracts to new staff as directed by Line Manager.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of master staffing lists and prepare monthly updates to the direct supervisor.
- Responsible to facilitate the recruitment process for new staff, working on shortlisting, interviewing, reference call and check, clearance, job offering and induction.
- Assist to communicate policies and procedures to staff as indicated in the HR Manual and make sure to give feedback on employee complaints and concerns.
- Assist Line Manager in coordination with administrative team in process of badge issuing for staff who newly joined staff, and update badges for current staff when needed.
- As directed by Line Manager, facilitate formal disciplinary process for staff.
- Complete other activities as directed by the Line Manager.
- Complete other activities as directed by the Operations Manager and performing all other tasks and responsibilities assigned for the benefit of Samaritan’s Purse with a generous and serving spirit.
Advertiser : Confidential
Duty Station: NES- Al-Hassakah
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.