JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 4186
Job Title: Structural Engineer Officer
Application deadline: 12.06.2020
please attach the JD to the annocuemnet
- Degree in Engineering (civil engineering or construction engineering)
- Demonstrable experience in construction and structural engineering in shelter or school rehabilitation or other relevant private sector construction experience.
- Experience in monitoring construction and managing contractors is highly desirable
- Minimum of one year experience in humanitarian organisation
- Familiarity with the minimum shelter and education standards (eg., Sphere)
- Strong organizational skills and able to coordinate and manage a diverse array of activities and stakeholders
- Strong negotiation and mediation skills and ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills in Arabic, strong written and spoken English
- Report writing skills and computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets & Autocad
- Willingness to travel regularly to project sites across North East Syria and to supervise on-site construction activities on a regular, often daily basis.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values
- Strong sense of security management and willingness to follow security guidelines and regulations
- Work with the Education and WASH programme teams to develop and refine school and WASH rehabilitation selection criteria.
- Develop a clear work and expenditure plan for all School/WASH rehabilitation activities and ensure that the programme is implemented within the agreed/approved budget as required
- Coordinate and undertake technical assessments of schools (primary and/or secondary), primary health centres and WASH infrastructure; prepare bills of quantities for rehabilitation that meet minimum standards in line with WASH and Education Working Group’s guidelines and Sphere standards.
- Ensure those partially-damaged structures (schools and other infrastructure) that will rehabilitated can be done so safely so as to ensure the safe structural integrity of buildings in question while also ensuring reconstruction, demolition, decommissioning and debris management is in line with local regulations and best practice.
- Review technical assessments and BoQs prepared by other members of the education/WASH programme teams.
- Ensure the views and needs of relevant beneficiaries (local authorities, community leaders and communities) are incorporated into technical assessments and BoQs.
- Participate in the resolution of any conflicts that may arise between the contractor and other stakeholders as required.
- Coordinate with local authorities for all WASH and school rehabilitation activities, ensuring all necessary approvals (including Memorandums of Understanding) have been obtained.
- Participate, when requested, in relevant cluster meetings and working groups.
Advertiser : كونسيرن – Concern WorldWide
Duty Station: Raqqa
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.