JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 4192
Job Title: Child Protection Officer مسؤول حماية الطفل
Application deadline: 14-12-2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- Technical diploma or degree in social work, education, human rights, or related degree desired
- At least 2 years’ experience of implementing child protection programs, preferable social work or education, in humanitarian or development settings.
- Previous experience supervising and coordinating a team in a cross-cultural setting preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of working with children and particularly vulnerable children
- Previous experience in emergency preparedness and response preferred
- Previous experience in capacity building and mentoring of staff preferred
- Personal qualities: Team player, flexible, network-builder, able to handle pressure well.
- Fluency in Arabic is required, English is preferred.
Travel and other requirements: The CP Officer will be based in Der Azure.
The organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer which considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT PLAN:
- Provide daily guidance on SHLS and Reach UP and Learn activities to the Facilitators and Home Visitors in accordance with the standard tools and procedures
- Ensure SHLS, Reach Up and Learn support supervision visits, community meetings and documentation are happening in timely and quality manner
- Supervise staff and foster a collaborative and positive work environment – one that encourages learning and professional growth – for the SHLS Facilitators and Reach Up and Learn Home visitors.
- Actively develop and maintain effective working relationships with SHLS actors at field level, including government actors, UN agencies, international and local NGOs, and other relevant actors.
- Provide daily guidance on SHLS activities to the SHLS Facilitators in accordance with the standard tools and procedures
- Provide daily guidance on Reach Up and Learn activities to the Home Visitors in accordance with the standard tools and procedures.
- Ensure weekly support supervision visits for each SHLS and structured observations of SHLS and Facilitators happen and write brief report on each visit
- Ensure monthly support supervision visits for each Home Visitor and structured observations of the Home visit and Home Visitors, using the check list and visit report.
- Ensure there is regular review and interaction with community members
- Ensure that records of children, Facilitators, and Home Visitors attendance are accurately recorded and reported
- Review comments received in the Suggestion Boxes with SHSL Facilitators and Home Visitors.
- Ensure proper documentation of pre/post tests for Facilitators and Home visitors in assigned SHLS, and trainings
- Ensure regular communication with the Manager/Senior Manager for updates on achievements and challenges
Staff Supervision & Development
- Directly supervises SHLS Facilitators and Home visitors.
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
- Ensure timely completion and submission of monthly timesheets, probations reviews and annual performance reviews.
- Assist with the recruitment of SHLS Facilitators in coordination with the SHLS Senior Officer and CP Manager.
- Assist with the recruitment of Reach Up and Learn Home visitors in coordination with Reach Up and Learn Officer and CP Manager.
- Ensure support and ongoing capacity building opportunities for SHLS Facilitators and Reach Up and Learn Home visitors on technical skills.
- Monthly meetings to be conducted for SHLS Facilitators, and Home Visitors to address challenges, review plans, and amending course as needed.
Grant Planning & Implementation
- Supports implementation and adherence to grant work plans, spending plans and monitoring and evaluation plans.
Grant Monitoring & Reporting
- Support regular field monitoring and modifications as required.
- Provide weekly and staff activity reports
Coordination & Representation
- Actively develop and maintain effective working relationships with SHLS and ECD actors in the field, including government actors, UN agencies, international and local NGOs, and other relevant actors
- Regularly attend SHLS, and ECD meetings at field level
- Contribute to the development of the CP program strategic direction for responding to children harmed and at risk of being harmed
- Contribute to the development of proposal activities
- Coordinate with other organization sectors staff (e.g. WPE, Protection, Health and Livelihoods) at field level
- Consistently and proactively monitor/assess the safety and security of field teams; promptly reporting concerns or incidents to organization management and liaising with community leaders and other external parties as required to maintain/enhance the security environment for organization programs
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop organization programs
- All organization staff are required to adhere to THE organization Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the country employment policies.
SCOPE OF WORK:
Brief description of the position’s role within the Project:
The CP Officer will support the establishment of each SHLS (either mobile or static) and conducting Reach Up and Learn home visiting; plan trainings for SHLS Facilitators and Reach Up and Learn Home Visitors, and community members; and conduct support and supervision visits for each SHLS, and Home visitors and verify records and reports from SHLS Facilitators and Reach Up and Learn Home Visitors.
- To ensure training for Facilitators and monitoring, support and supervision for each SHLS to plan and ensure implementation of daily field activities in relation to SHLS support
- To liaise and coordinate with other stakeholders (other organization sectors or service providers) to ensure activities in the SHLS meet the needs of affected communities
- To ensure training for Home visitors and monitoring, support and supervision for each home visitor to plan and ensure implementation of daily field activities in relation to Reach Up and Learn delivery and support.
- To liaise and coordinate with other stakeholders (other organization sectors or service providers) to ensure activities of Reach Up and Learn meet the needs of affected communities and to ensure community engagement.
Who this position reports to:
The CP Officer reports to the CP Manager.
Advertiser : Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Der Ezzor
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Go to the below link and fill out the spaces with needed information and then submit your application. Make sure you attach supported document (PDF-Word).
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.