JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 4228
Job Title: Human Resources Team Leader قائد فريق الموارد البشرية
Application deadline: 18-12-2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- At least 1 year’s professional experience at a position of Team Leader/Coordinator or other senior position with similar level of responsibilities and requirements in humanitarian and/or development organization.
- At least 3 years total experience in HR, Administration or similar roles, preferably in an NGO environment.
- Proven experience with team management including direct management of Officers and Senior Officers.
- Proven experience in the field of HR, and familiarity with relevant HR standards and guidelines.
- Strong understanding of humanitarian principles, safeguarding and accountability mechanisms.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including fluent spoken and written English and Arabic.
. HR coordination and line management
- Directly line manage the HR team across all NES offices (Raqqa, Kobane, Manbij and Derek).
- Oversee, coordinate and implement harmonized HR services across the NE Syria program.
- Facilitate, guide and coordinate implementation of CvT corporate HR related policies, national HR procedures and guidelines, such as National staff policy, Recruitment procedure, etc.
- Attend Team Leader meetings as HR representative.
- Staff contracts management, administration of HR-related documents flow
- Manage staff contracts and relevant services including employees and service providers, and ensure that amendments are provided on time; monitor the end dates of contracts; verify contract extensions, position/salary changes, and termination. Ensures that all employee contracts and amendments are signed by both parties and uploaded to the HR system.
- Organize employee record-keeping, including proper documents for hiring, position change, termination, etc.
- Ensure that every employee has a clear a job description and that both the line manager and employee understand and signed the responsibilities.
- Ensure that all employees are acquainted with, and signed obligatory documents: National Staff Policy, CvT Code of Conduct, and other procedures, policies, guidelines as decided by senior management.
- Ensure contract terminations are done both in line with relevant CvT procedures, including fully and properly signed contract termination check-list.
- Coordinate preparation of HR-related information and providing requested documents for external and internal audits.
- Establish and oversee functionality of relevant HR files/tools, such as Employee database, Leave Register, Recruitment Overview etc.
- Consult managers on HR procedures, provide advisory support to the management in relation to handling of employees’ grievances and disciplinary matters.
- Compensation and benefit administration
- Ensure attendance sheets are collected and accurate data are provided to payroll accountants on monthly basis for salary calculation.
- Manage record-keeping of annual leaves, unpaid leaves, sick leaves, overtimes according to relevant CvT procedures.
- Manage and track the employee medical reimbursement process.
- Oversight on the calculation of annual leave and other benefits for all employees.
- Ensure recruiting procedure adherence: all recruitments are performed on the basis of duly approved requests, recruitment process is transparent, avoiding any conflict of interests.
- Manage the recruitment process for open positions, i.e. job announcements, use all relevant sources and methods for searching and selecting candidates, conduct interviews, keep records on interviewed candidates, prepare recommendations for the next step of recruiting process, organize next interviews with Program and Departments Managers and skills/knowledge testing if relevant, check references and criminal background with security department for final candidates.
- Ensure that selection process is properly documented and relevant documents archived.
- Ensure that all relevant departments are informed about new employee start date, and induction trainings are organized.
- Staff on-boarding and change management:
- Prepare HR inductions for new comers, and ensure that all relevant departments are doing inductions for the new employees on time.
- Maintain the on-boarding tracker and ensure that new staff have all signed and understand the CvT policies and procedures.
- Conduct regular training and refresher inductions for employees.
- Ensure that changes in the policies and procedures are introduced and communicated to the employees on a timely manner.
- Staff appraisal coordination
- Coordinate staff performance evaluations, and ensure they are conducted on time and according to procedure.
- Provide guidance and trainings on evaluation procedure and provide feedback to managers and other relevant staff (coordinators, senior officers etc.) conducting evaluations.
- Ensure all evaluation forms are filled in properly, signed by both employee and supervisor, and archived in both hard copy and in personnel folders in HR online system.
- The Employer stipulates the right to assign the Employee any other kind of work derived from his specialization. In case of urgent work and such like the Employee may be asked to work overtime as well as during public and other holidays.
- Adhering to all CvT policies and procedures at all times including those stipulated in National Staff Handbook, CvT Code of Conduct and key policies, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality of all HR information throughout your employment.
- Punctual attendance to work including both working hours in the assigned office and schedule field trips if applicable.
- Ensure timely and effective delivery of tasks and responsibilities.
- Main correctness and completeness of all tasks and responsibilities.
- The Employee takes over the responsibility for all entrusted material or cash. The Employee is obligated to cover all damages or losses caused by his carelessness.
- Representing and upholding the values of CvT at all times.
- Behave in an appropriate manner at all times and in all places.
- Both male and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Possibility to gain working experience within in internationally recognized NGO;
- 24 days of paid leave per year.
General Position Summary:
With supervision from the NES Area Systems Director and other senior management staff where appropriate, the HR Team Leader is responsible for effective follow up and implementation of human resources activities, policies and procedures to the CvT Country Program in North East Syria to achieve timely and quality support to the different employee needs.
Line Manager: Area Systems Director NES
Starting date: January 2021
Advertiser : Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Raqqa with frequent travel to the other offices and operational sites
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Interested candidates shall submit their CV to Raqqa Social Affairs and Labour Office or using this link https://airtable.com/shrjrDcRzdlteOJ8n , no later than midnight Friday 18th December 2020. Please mention the position title for which you are applying in the subject line of the email. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Due to the urgency of the position, suitable candidates may be selected prior to the application deadline.