JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 4229
Job Title: Finance Coordinator منسق مالي
Application deadline: 15-12-2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or combination of education and work experience
- Development oriented NGO experience.
- Soft spoken with good communication and presentation skills;
- Well organized and ability to act in a professional and ethical manner;
- Firm belief in teamwork, gender equality, participatory approach and sustainable development.
- High level of expertise in using Microsoft Word & Excel
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Detail oriented
- ·Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work on one’s own and complete tasks and produce high quality output.
- Should be customer focused, communicating with impact and managing performance effectively.
- Proactive in problem solving, initiating actions and making operational decisions.
- Hands-on experience in using accounting/financial software
- Provide oversight to day to day operations through including efficient process flows and controls over Accounts Payable, Cash transfers and other journal entries.
- Ensures accounting entries/expenditures are justified and substantiated adequately.
- Coordinate cash flow management in the hub, prepares the monthly cash forecast with inputs from Program Managers and Support department Managers for the final review and submission to the CO by Finance Manager.
- Make sure the compliance to NES hub accounts payable and cash disbursement policies; Ensure cash and bank accounts are reconciled in a timely manner.
- Coordinate the NES hub Sub-Ledger accounts, including Payables, Accruals to ensure that the accounts are being liquidated in a timely and accurate manner each month
- Making sure monthly closings are done in a timely manner and ensure accounting staff be able to achieve monthly closing deadlines.
- Coordinate the preparation of monthly reports to be submitted to CO through Finance Manager after the month end closure
- Review monthly Intra-company billing statement from KRI, making sure the expenses are aligning with agreed MOU, review the KRI BVA and highlighting any deviations for actions.
- Highlight any technical/operational challenges accounting staff are facing, escalating them to Finance Manager for seeking solutions
- Assist finance manager in developing the Master Budget at NES hub level and making sure all necessary cost categories of Personnel and Operational are verified with relevant parties. This will need the coordination through HR, Program and Administration departments
- Coordinate new cost proposal development processes with respective Program Managers by developing budgets as per provisions of donor regulations, agreement guidelines, Org’s budgeting guidelines and NES Master budget requirements. Work closely with program teams and making sure their inputs are properly captured in new budgets. Ensure proposal budgets/budget amendments are in line with donor regulations.
- Recommend or facilitate opportunities to help build staff capacity (especially program) in budget formulation/management.
- Provide cooperation, participate in audit related meetings and ensure that required supporting documentation/explanations are provided to auditors/CO in a timely manner.
- Provide background information and any documentation related to audit queries and findings to the Finance Manager, who will finalize the response at NES Hub level before sending it to Country Finance Controller for final response.
- Keep a track on the audit findings and recommendations, developing an action plan with Finance Manager to avoid repetition of audit findings. He/she will make sure that action plan of improving controls is met and coordinate with Finance team to implement.
- Review periodic staff extension requests/staff recruitment requests, making sure the positions are financed through the available budgets before Finance Manager’s approval.
- Review and update Authorized Signatory List/Forms on quarterly basis, based on each position’s authority thresholds. Preparation of new Authorized Signatory Form for newly assigned positions.
- Act as the Focal Point in linking local staff and Finance Manager during operational issues.
The purpose of the Finance Coordinator position is to maintain proper Accounting records in compliance with financial policies and procedures of org as well as Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAPs). She/he ensures excellence in providing accounts payable and disbursement services to the NES Hub. She/he prepares accurate and timely financial summaries, reports and control bank account balances, cash holding to optimal balance to avoid any liquidity issues. She/he is responsible in ensuring the accounting records in general ledger, accounts payable module and accounts receivable module. Further, regular accounting reconciliations are completed in all modules as necessary. Also responsible in coordinating audits and timely completion with follow-ups with department staff. Finance Coordinator supervises the partnership operations, ensures the accuracy of partner expenses recording in the system with regular reconciliations.
Assist the Finance Manager in Finance department’s planning, staffing, organizing and development. Provide assistance in the financial and budgetary planning process and prioritize activities for the Finance department.
Conduct Annual and midyear appraisals for assigned staff. Provide guidance and mentoring to assigned Finance staff and assist the Finance Manager to achieve the targets of department in a timely and efficient manner. Initiate and encourage inter-section information sharing and cooperation. The person will be the acting Finance Manager in the absence of current Finance Manager.
Contract period: Three months (with possibility to extend)
Advertiser : Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Hasakah
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
- CV and cover letter should be in one file and only application in English will be considered;
- Application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date of 15th Dec 2020.
- We encourage candidates from any social background, religion, and ethnicity to apply, and particularly women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- We encourage people with disabilities and from other diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate based on disability