JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 4230
Job Title: WASH Program Assistant – Hygiene Promotion مساعد قسم المياه والإصحاح- تعزيز العقامة
Application deadline: 15-12-2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- Bachelor degree/diploma in social, medical and/or environmental related subjects
- Professional knowledge of KAP survey.
- Fluency in written, spoken Arabic and good level of written and spoken English
- 1-2 years’ experience in relevant sector with a local or International NGO.
- Experience in working in multi-cultural environments
- Exposure to northeast Syria programming a plus
- An ability to present concise reports, reflecting the problems and possible solutions
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- A sound understanding of the importance of gender and participation in humanitarian work
- An ability to work effectively under stress in emergency situations
- Good computer program skills (esp. Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Experience in facilitating training sessions
- Strong organizational and team working skills
- Assist the WASH Program Officer to organize and carry out daily hygiene promotion activities in camps and/ or out of camp sites in line with agreed work plans, strategies and methodologies.
- Assist in the preparation of training material for Temporary Workers and WASH Management Committees on hygiene promotion techniques and participatory methodologies.
- Assist in the design, implementation and monitoring of WASH activities to ensure all activities reflect the needs of specific groups and individuals e.g. women, elderly people, children, and people with disabilities.
- Assist in organizing visits, meeting, events, trainings and workshop and participate as needed.
- Provide support to WASH Program Officer in the communication with field staff and program, program support and program quality staff.
- Participate in the development of information, education and communication (IEC) materials relevant to the context; with appreciation of cultural norms and beliefs.
- Identify needs for non-food items relevant to hygiene; participate in the choice of items, targeting strategy, promotion of effective use, and post-distribution monitoring.
- Conduct and carryout NFI WASH martials distribution including hygiene kits, distribution of hygiene promotion materials, latrine cleaning materials.
- Assist in reviewing and checking of project information, including field hygiene promotion reports, documents, narrative reports and ensure program files, progress reports, project narratives are organized and properly maintained.
- Liaise with community leaders and other sectors and agencies working locally in order to coordinate within the WASH sector and between sectors such as health and shelter at WMCs level.
- Coordinate closely with WASH Management Committees in raising awareness on good hygiene practices in targeted communities.
- Promote safe WASH practices, including appropriate use and maintenance of WASH facilities and services specifically water supply (Tap stands), Latrines, and Hand washing facilities.
- Enable effective dialogue with the affected community to allow the agency to be held to account for the quality of the WASH program.
- Use participatory approaches as a far as possible throughout the programme cycle, in training, and in the use of tool kits and other materials.
- Any other duties and responsibilities assigned by line manager.
- Assist Hygiene Promotion Officer with any tasks needed to conduct a pre and post rapid knowledge, attitude and practice (KAP) survey and WASH assessments and Post Monitoring, FGDs.
- Participate in the development of monitoring tools for hygiene promotion activities.
- Review and update monitoring plans and IEC materials as needed
- Assist Hygiene Promotion Officer in compiling need assessments data, organizing data files and pictures, tracking sheets and improving IEC material.
- Collect and organize information on progress of all aspects of hygiene promotion activities ensuring information is disaggregated by gender and age (men, women, boys and girls).
- Support the documentation related to hygiene promotion activities and distributions, including reviewing beneficiary lists, and post distribution monitoring reports, as needed.
- With guidelines of WASH Program Officer; coordinate closely with MEAL team on all data collection, data entry, and assist in the review, compilation and analysis of data to measure the progress and impact of hygiene promotion activities.
- Prepare and submit reports as requested by WASH Program Officer.
- As part of an integrated team, under guidance from the WASH Program Officer, contribute towards monitoring of WASH program activities and achievements against indicators.
- In collaboration with the WASH team and MEAL team, monitor the impact of the program activities on the beneficiaries
- Fully participate in any learning reviews, ensuring that final recommendations are shared with the relevant team members and eventually incorporated into program activities
- Ensure inputs to situation reports are updated and submitted on time to WASH Program Officer
- Provide regular updates to WASH Program Officer and team on progress, priorities and constraints, both verbally and in written form
- Represent to local partners, governmental and non-governmental groups as requested
- Coordinate with all teams to identify and implement integrated response when applicable.
The WASH Assistant – Hygiene Promotion will work under the direction and supervision of the WASH Program Officer. S/he will be responsible for supporting the implementation of the hygiene promotion activities in line with other water and sanitation projects (WASH). S/he will need to regularly implement and communicate with hygiene promotion teams in order to ensure the effective, day-to-day implementation of hygiene promotion activities in selected project locations.
Contract period: Three months (with possibility to extend)
Advertiser : Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Hasakah
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
- CV and cover letter should be in one file and only application in English will be considered;
- Application should be sent to email@example.com before the closing date of 15th Dec 2020.
- We encourage candidates from any social background, religion, and ethnicity to apply, and particularly women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- We encourage people with disabilities and from other diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate based on disability