the code of the position (NES-DRK-GBV-0101)
Job Title: Senior GBV officer (Adolescent girls) مسؤول قسم العنف القائم على النوع الاجتماعي(فتيات بالغات)
Application deadline: 15-Dec-20
MRFS is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
- Degree/ diploma in Social Work, Women’s Studies, or other related field
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working for an international Non with professional experience in GBV prevention and response programs in emergency
- Experience working with local organizations in developing contexts;
- Experience in working with adolescent girls in empowerment, life-skills or risk mitigation programs
- Candidates with basic counseling skills will have added advantage
- Experience training, mentoring and coaching staff on new program approaches and core competencies
- Previous experience of program management required
- Strong understanding and experience on working on GBV issues and women’s rights
- Strong English, Arabic and Kurdish skills, written and spoken. Ability to write reports in English is preferable.
- Strong computer skills, including competence in MS Word, MS Excel and Power Point, internet/MS Outlook
- Thorough understanding of best practices in GBV response and GBV primary prevention and risk reduction
- Clear understanding of gender, human rights, and issues surrounding violence against girls.
- Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, prioritize work under pressure
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Medical Relief for Syria. Understanding of Medical Relief For Syria and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
- Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues in complex and rapidly changing environment.
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites as needed
- Fulfill any other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Respect the code of conduct and policies of the MRFS and the standards of the GBV team
- Adhere and uphold the MRFS principle and policies (integrity, accountability and service) at the respective areas of work
- Consistently and proactively monitor the safety and security of the team, promptly reporting concerns or incidents to MRFS management
- Strengthen the capacity of GBV staff including Focal Points and Adolescent Girls’ Assistants, volunteers and peer girls through technical support, ongoing training/learning sessions and conduct regular meetings with staff and peer girls to monitor the progress of activities and address any challenges.
- Provide technical support to other AGO across sites when it comes to activities for Adolescent Girls.
- Support the other AGOs in the selection, training, and capacity building of peer girls, along with the Adolescent Girls Manager
- Assist in the development and adaptation of documents, M&E and reporting tools, reference materials for girl peers, targeted girls, Adolescent Girl Focal Points, Adolescent Girls Assistants, Community Mobilizers, Team leaders and Caseworkers with support from the GBV team and Adolescent Girls Manager when necessary.
- Develop sessions based on the needs of Adolescent Girls. In collaboration with the GBV Manager and the Adolescent
- Girls Manager, contribute to the design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of interventions for the mentors, Adolescent Girl Focal Points and targeted girls.
- Work closely with GBV team to ensure GBV responses are reflective of the needs of girls’.
- Assessing gaps and needs within the teams regarding adolescent girl programming
- To recommend, participate, and put in place capacity building plans.
- Based on the established criteria, identify and register the beneficiaries for the program.
- Ensure Monitoring and Evaluation tools are completed with data inputted, analyzed and shared with GBV team on a regular basis.
- Support Community Mobilizers, Focal Points and Adolescent Girls’ Assistants to be able to engage with parents (or guardians/gatekeepers) in the communities the MRFS works
Advertiser : Medical Relief for Syria
Duty Station: Derik -NES
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please send your CV to MRFS email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please indicate the code of the position (NES-DRK-GBV-0101) in the Subject line.
- CVs without the subject line “NES-DRK-GBV-0101” will not be considered.
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.