JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 4254
Job Title: Program Officer-Nutrition مسؤول برنامج التغذية
Application deadline: 16-12-2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
Experiences and skills:
- A female with medical background (doctor, pharmacist, nurse or other medical background) or at least one year of work in nutrition.
- Knowledge of child nutrition, with focus on infant and young child feeding practices, like breastfeeding and complementary feeding, and a willingness to learn;
- Demonstrable commitment to promoting and supporting optimal breastfeeding and complementary feeding;
- Excellent communication and counselling skills and a willingness to be respectful, kind, sensitive and empathize with all beneficiaries and their carers
- Capacity to keep accurate records of activities and report in a timely manner
- Proven ability to work as part of a team;
- Highly motivated, active, self-starter who can take initiative.
- Demonstrated commitment to improving the lives of children in the school and community.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication and presentation skills, and capacity to maintain relations with community leaders, community member members, children and youth.
- Strong understanding of the situation of children (girls and boys) in rural and urban communities.
- Excellent understanding of the complexity of local governance structures in NE Syria and other local stakeholders
- Ability to travel independently, including to rural communities and willingness to change work practices and hours and spend time in the field, sometimes in difficult conditions and with limited resources.
- Strong Kurdish/Arabic skills, written and spoken
- Commitment to and understanding of NGO’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
- English, written and spoken
- Proven experience in counselling or community awareness raising
- Qualification as a trainer of trainers in breastfeeding counselling
Familiarity with the Operational Guidance on IYCF-E and SPHERE standards
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Support the identification of beneficiaries and suitable sites/location, design and implementation of Child MBA program activities.
- Conduct group and individual awareness and counselling sessions, under the guidance of the Nutrition specialist
- Conduct outreach activities in the camps and communities on a weekly basis
- Conduct MUAC screenings on a regular basis, in coordination with other actors
- Coordinate with medical actors for out-patient and in-patient therapeutic feeding support
- In coordination with the case management team, support referrals of mothers and children to the relevant services (non-medical)
- Coordinate with the Education and CP team to ensure schedules don’t overlap
- Support integration and mainstreaming efforts, under the guidance of the Nutrition Specialist
- Ensure that the MBA is a safe space, conducive to activities, were confidentiality and privacy is respected
- Draft weekly, monthly, progress and other reports, as required.
- Develop and support the implementation of project work plans, weekly plans and schedules, and setting clear targets.
- Ensure that a weekly schedule of activities is developed, including individual sessions, groups sessions, outreach in the community, MUAC screenings and case follow up
- Liaise on a daily basis with partners, community and supervisors and colleagues to guarantee the smooth operation of the programs.
- Prepare financial and administrative documentation related to project activities, such as purchase and procurement requests, etc
- Facilitate, collect and report information regarding the overall situation of the conflict affected children and their families in the community, with specific attention paid to the program targeted children and program objectives.
- Informing the direct supervisor about any challenges, difficulties and concerns in the implementation of activities or issues in the social context.
- Any other duties, within reasons (based on skills and experience).
Human resource management
- Responsible for line management of the IYCF-E Educators.
- Follow up staff attendance, leaves, and coverage during leave for the staff under her/his supervision.
- Ensure regular feedback to the staff under her/his responsibility and appraisal process when needed.
- Support disciplinary measures application if needed.
Coordination and representation
- Coordinate with other organization sectors and departments as necessary.
- Represent organization in internal or external visits and calls where needed.
- Participate in kick-off, close out, strategy meetings and camp coordination meetings as relevant.
- Ensure a strict adherence to the principles of child protection and child safeguarding at all times, including respect for confidentiality and always acting in the best interests of the child.
- Comply with The organization policies and practices with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- In agreement with line manager, perform other required duties within reason (in line with skills and experience).
Advertiser : Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Derek
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. Applicants may submit their CVs with their address; telephone number and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org – Subject of the email must clearly state ” Programme Officer- Nutrition”
Female applicants are particularly encouraged to apply