JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 4259
Job Title: Legal Assistant مساعد قانوني
Application deadline: 24-12-2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- Educational background in Law; bachelor`s \ Master`s degrees
- A lawyer with at least two years of experience in similar field
- Understanding of international human rights and local laws.
- Personal qualities: Team player, flexible, network-builder, able to handle pressure well.
- Fluency in Arabic required; English preferred.
- At least 1 year of NGO experience
- Good computer skills such as: MS Word, Excel, Power point.
The organization and its workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the organization Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the organization operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons
The organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer which considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
The organization encourages women to work with us to reach the neediest people in need of humanitarian assistance, such as women, widows and children. We are committed to providing a decent work environment that takes into account the needs of women in the workplace, such as maternity leave and safety protocols that take into account the special needs of women in the field.
The Legal Assistant will directly implement legal support in areas including:
- Provide mobile legal assistance to beneficiaries who are unable to claim or realize their rights on their own (i.e. irregular cases or those with particular vulnerabilities). Provide legal counseling as necessary for individual cases.
- Conduct mobile field visits within the community and camps according to monthly work plans.
- Input and update beneficiary data into legal case management tools, and periodically disaggregate and analyze data gathered during legal assistance activities in paper or electronic filing systems.
- Advocate for recognition of the Civil Documents rights of displaced persons when engaging with stakeholders, including local authorities and humanitarian partners.
- Putting map existing legal services/administrative bodies in the area and update it.
- Research and updating regulations, laws, and legal articles to assist with the preparation of reports, case files, and legal advice, relevant Civil Documents & HLP laws, procedures, and practices.
- Keeps clients informed by maintaining contact; communicating case progress.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all relevant stakeholders including other NGOs, civil society groups, authorities, and UN agencies
- Develop and continuously update a Legal service mapping system detailing available services and assistance in the organization areas of operation
- Ensure that other sectors are efficiently and confidentiality referring cases to the team based on selected criteria’s
- Other relevant duties as assigned by the supervisor to support the implementation of the program
- All the organization staff are required to adhere to The organization Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Legal Officer.
Indirect Reporting: Senior Protection Manager, Protection Admin & Information Management Office
Internal contacts: the organization protection staff, Senior Protection Manager
External contacts: local INGO and NGOs and community focal points
Band / Level / Grade: 9 administrative support
Department: PRoL(Protection and Rule of Law)
Overtime Eligible: (Compensatory)
Job Overview/Summary: This position will be based in Al Raqqa will focus on supporting the implementation of protection rule of law (PRoL) programs in northeast Syria. The organization is scaling up its PRoL portfolio in the Northeast Syrian programs including the addition of legal assistance activities. The Legal Assistant will play a key role in supporting and expanding the legal element of the organization’s protection programming. They will be expected to directly support vulnerable refugees and IDPs and host community members to access their legal rights through awareness sessions, individual counselling and legal assistance. The legal assistant will report to the Senior Legal Officer (SLO) based in NES.
Advertiser : Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Mahmudli Camp
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Go to the below link and fill out the spaces with needed information and then submit your application. Make sure you attach supported document (PDF-Word).
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.