JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 4262
Job Title: WPE Community Mobiliser عامل توعية لبرنامج حماية المرأة
Application deadline: 24-12-2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- Studies in psychology, social work or other relevant/related studies. Or at least, holds secondary school certificate alongside demonstrated 1-2 experience with community work, community mobilization and engagement, and working with women and girls affected by conflict.
- Demonstrable clear and genuine willingness to work and learn quickly and be committed to developing professionally in the field of protection.
- Excellent communication skills and confident interpersonal interaction, and abilities to engage with a wide variety of stakeholders and community members.
- Excellent listening and observation skills, including ability to create trust, support, respect and interact with survivors of all ages, background and diversity.
- Ability to keep records and write simple and basic reports of activities would be an added advantage.
Ability to discuss sensitive issues with respect and empathy
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and respect at all times is essential.
- Comfortable speaking about sensitive topics in an honest, professional, and thoughtful manner.
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with Word/Excel.
- Language – Fluency in Arabic mandatory. English and Kurdish preferred.
Professional Standards: The organization and its workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the organization Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the organization operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
The organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer which considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
The organization encourages women to work with us to reach the neediest people in need of humanitarian assistance, such as women, widows and children. We are committed to providing a decent work environment that takes into account the needs of women in the workplace, such as maternity leave and safety protocols that take into account the special needs of women in the field.
- Through regular, daily, community outreach paired with one other team member, build and maintain relationships with communities, including local leaders, community-based groups and other stakeholders, in order to foster an environment of support to women and girls.
- Identify challenges that women and girls are facing in accessing services; through safety audit assessment with the WPE Officers.
- Facilitate with the WPE Officers FGDs (Focus Group Discussions) to identify the needs that women and girls have.
- Deliver messages on the types of services available to women and girls, where these services are available and the consequences of GBV and the benefits of seeking care and support.
- Implement with the WPE Officers risk mitigation and awareness activities upon the needs that have been identified during the FGDs.
- When needed provide safe and confidential referrals of (S)GBV survivors to the WPE Case Workers, this includes ensuring confidentiality of survivors.
- Provide immediate and adequate response to specific needs and ensure day-to-day care is made available.
- Conduct all work with respect to the organization way and humanitarian principles of neutrality, impartiality, independence and non-discrimination.
- Complete attendance sheets for relevant activities and contribute to activity reports, according to guidance provided by the WPE Officer.
- Maintain positive coordination and relationships with colleagues and other sector staff.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: WPE Officer
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Child Protection, PRoL, Health team members
External: Communities, service providers
SCOPE OF WORK: As part of its Syria response, the organization has programs to support men, women boys and girls throughout Al-Hassakah and Ar-Raqqa governorates in Syria. The Community Mobilizers will be supporting the implementation of Women’s Protection and Empowerment (WPE) program, which include but not limited to activities such as community outreach, referral, information dissemination, and rapid assessment. They will be expected to directly support women and girls to access services through info sessions and outreach activities.
Advertiser : Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Raqqa Center
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Go to the below link and fill out the spaces with needed information and then submit your application. Make sure you attach supported document (PDF-Word).
(Women are highly encouraged to apply on this position)
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.