JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 4279
Job Title: Reproductive Health Officer مسؤول صحة انجابية
Application deadline: 24-12-2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- Medical doctor (Obstetrics/Gynecology), or resident doctor (obstetrics specialist) or;
- Midwife with at least 2-3 years of experience in relevant fields
- Must have at least 1year professional experience in implementing reproductive health projects
- Must have at least 1year experience working in humanitarian or development contexts previous emergency response, conflict/post-conflict experience preferred
- Demonstrated capacity to provide hands on technical support to health providers, experience setting up and managing trainings strongly preferred
- Demonstrated capacity to analyze and interpret data and to track performance against program indicators
- Must have strong written and spoken English along with knowledge of Arabic
- Must be skilled in Microsoft Office
- Must be able to travel to field sites
- Must have excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a dynamic environment
- Must have the ability to work effectively with various personalities and departments
The organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer which considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
The organization encourages women to work with us to reach the neediest people in need of humanitarian assistance, such as women, widows and children. We are committed to providing a decent work environment that takes into account the needs of women in the workplace, such as maternity leave and safety protocols that take into account the special needs of women in the field.
- Under the supervision of the Health Services Manager the RH Manager will manage all aspects of the Reproductive Health activities including pre and postnatal care for mothers, care of the new born, provision of family planning counseling and methods; health education to mothers, women and girls and families etc. of Primary Health Care facilities including supervision and capacity-building of service providers, developing RH implementation and monitoring plan and adapt program to changing context as needed
- Conduct regular site visits for monitoring and supervision to ensure quality of services, accurate data collection and verify consumption rates of pharmaceuticals and supplies/consumables
- Training and ensuring the service providers using the RH related data recording and reporting tools
- Work closely with Community Health Workers (CHWs) ensuring referrals and follow up are made for RH related services from communities to health facilities
- Training CHWs on community aspects of RH including child spacing, family methods and utilization of services, prevention of sexually transmitted infections, maternal care during pregnancy and after delivery, with support from Health Manager, RH Manager and Health Coordinator
- Work with the Monitoring Officer in design of data collection forms, compilation of RH data and complete RH portion of health program report
- Regularly analyze data in conjunction with Health Coordinator and Health Services Manager and RH manager in order to track reproductive health trends, needs and developing appropriate responses.
- Ensure that all RH related activities, indicators and objectives are successfully met within the project timeframe and budget
- Coordinate internally and externally to ensure integrated implementation of Reproductive health services as GBV,/CCSAS, maternal and child feeding with other sectors like Women Protection & Empowerment, general protection, Livelihoods etc.
- Ensure appropriate treatment of beneficiaries in general, and mainly those requiring clinical RH care services within IRC health program and ensure that the system for referral of cases is developed and functioning efficiently and with optimal results
- Provide direction and advice regarding expansion of Reproductive health services to other areas including overseeing existing and establishment of new BEmNOC centers in supported health facilities
- Participate in needs assessment for Reproductive health programming
- Perform other duties and tasks as delegated and assigned by supervisor
The Reproductive Health Officer is the focal point for the organization’s Reproductive Health care services in Ar-Raqqa governorate of Syria. The primary functions of the Reproductive Health Officer includes with support from Health Manager, Health Coordinator and RH Manager implementation and oversight of reproductive health services in Ar-Raqqa governorate of Syria serving the displaced Syrian population including implementation of MISP, support to facilities providing RH services, supervision and capacity building of staff, ensuring quality of services with training, supportive supervision, on-the-job training and standard quality assurance tools, internal and external coordination, and day-to-day administration of RH activities. He/she reports to the Health Services Manager and works closely with the Health Coordinator in those program sites where he/she will be supporting the RH program activities. This position reports to the Health Services Manager in Ar-Raqqa.
Advertiser : Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Raqqa
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Go to the below link and fill out the spaces with needed information and then submit your application. Make sure you attach supported document (PDF-Word).
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.