JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 4285
Job Title: Site Officer Assistant مساعد مسؤول الموقع
Application deadline: Thursday, December 31, 2020
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Experience in an INGO an asset.
- High level of organization and experience in an administrative role is required.
- High competency with Microsoft Office required.
- Attention to detail, anticipation and follow up are core values of the job function while maintaining the highest levels of confidentiality regarding contracts and salaries.
- Possesses strong organizational and problem-solving skills within a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a self-starter, a leader, and internally driven to success and hard work.
- Possesses strong cross-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Able to excel in a team environment.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable, taking on additional responsibilities as needed.
- Ability to coordinate activities with other agencies to build and maintain positive working relationships.
- High level of integrity and stewardship.
- Excellent mathematic skills.
- Willingness to travel in and out of the field.
- Knowledge of computer systems and its applications such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Possesses strong understanding of local area, including language, culture, and political environment.
Education / Experience Needed
University degree an asset
2+ years working with an international non-governmental organization in an administrative livelihood, construction, or cash for work role.
Arabic, English and Kurdish are required
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Physical demands depend upon situation and event.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
o Travelling to distribution and project sites as required.
o Work in a security context that is fluid
This is a non-contractual document that can be varied from time to time as circumstances dictate. This job description is intended to summarize the main duties and responsibilities of the post; this is not intended to be a full and exhaustive list of tasks. All staff is expected to demonstrate flexibility and willingness to perform appropriate tasks when the need arises.
How to apply:
Please send your CV to the following email address/ link firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the title of the position in the email subject line “Site Officer Assistant”. CVs without the subject line will not be considered.
Project # / Name: Livelihoods
Position Title: Site Officer Assistant
Duty Station: Al-Hasakeh, NE Syria
Reports To: Site Officer
Under the overall direction of the Food Assistance Program Manager and the direct supervision of the Food Assistance Program Coordinator and Site Officers, the Site Officer Assistant will be responsible for supporting the implementation of Cash for Work and livelihood programming, specifically in regard to providing administrative support to the Site Officers at the work site and warehouse.
Sunday – Thursday, weekends as needed
- Assist with the day to day activities of work site, including ensuring all IDP workers are present and timesheets are signed daily, while also contributing to ensuring project goals are completed in a timely and professional manner.
- Keep detailed records of warehouse inventory; Oversee warehouse inventory; track incoming and outgoing equipment and supplies
- Assist in the registration process for IDPs and periodically verify the beneficiaries list.
- Perform monthly report summaries, including timesheet tracking, and project progress reporting.
- Act as a representative of The Organization to stakeholders as requested for matters concerning the organization’s livelihoods in Al-Hasakah and Tal Tamer.
- Maintain accurate and orderly records of all supplies, tools, and assets at worksite.
- Coordinate with Program Coordinator and Site Officers to project supply needs for the following month and request the required supplies.
- Communicate program activities with beneficiary families in partnership with the programming team.
- Plan and participate in community assessment, coordination, listening, and collaboration activities.
- Participate in registration of beneficiaries in community programming.
- Assist in the coordination of deliveries of materials and equipment.
- Support with livelihood and food activities as required
- Uphold the humanitarian principles of humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and independence.
- Serve the community with creativity, kindness, and generosity.
- Oral Interpretation from Arabic/Kurdish to English and vice versa
- Written Translation from Arabic/Kurdish to English and vice versa
- Attend and implement lessons learned from orientation and ongoing trainings.
- Be available to the program during times of emergency response activation.
- Any other tasks as assigned by supervisors.
Advertiser : Confidential
Duty Station: Duty Station: Al-Hasakeh, NE Syria
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.