JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 4319
Job Title: PRoL Community Mobilizers مثقفين مجتمعيين لقسم الحماية العامة
Application deadline: 9/1/2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
College degree in psychology, social work or other relevant/related studies.
- Demonstrated experience with community work, community mobilization and engagement, and working with women and girls affected by conflict;
- Demonstrable clear and genuine willingness to work and learn quickly and be committed to developing professionally in the field of protection.
- Excellent communication skills and confident interpersonal interaction, and abilities to engage with a wide variety of stakeholders and community members.
- Excellent listening and observation skills, including ability to create trust, support, respect and interact with survivors of all ages, background and diversity.
- Ability to keep records and write simple and basic reports of activities would be an added advantage.
Ability to discuss sensitive issues with respect and empathy
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
Ability to maintain confidentiality and respect at all times is essential.
Comfortable speaking about sensitive topics in an honest, professional, and thoughtful manner.
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with Word/Excel.
- Language – Fluency in Arabic mandatory. English preferred.
The organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer which considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
The organization encourages women to work with us to reach the neediest people in need of humanitarian assistance, such as women, widows and children. We are committed to providing a decent work environment that takes into account the needs of women in the workplace, such as maternity leave and safety protocols that take into account the special needs of women in the field.
- Conduct protection monitoring and referrals related to emergency response.
- Through regular, daily, community outreach paired with one other team member, build and maintain relationships with communities, including local leaders, different groups, and stakeholders, in order to foster an environment of support to people at risk including persons with disabilities.
- Support PRoL team in conducting community assessments, rapid needs assessment.
- Identify and make quality referrals with confidentiality and necessary follow up to the relevant service provider
- Provide immediate and adequate response to specific needs and ensure day-to-day care is made available.
- Map service providers/potential partners at camp, local and national level with specific expertise (medical, psychological, social support that can provide immediate response.
- Work in the new arrival points to monitor and provide referrals for the most vulnerable, including; persons with disabilities, elderly and persons at risk.
- Support distributions of risk reduction items (i.e. dignity kits) and follow on monitoring;
- Receive and attend to referrals from local NGOs, community members, and INGOs.
- Develop strong relationships with community leaders, partners and other key stakeholders.
- Support the analysis of data and highlight humanitarian trends and concerns in reporting to the Protection Monitoring Officer and Protection Manager.
- Conduct all work with respect to the IRC way and humanitarian principles of neutrality, impartiality, independence and non-discrimination
- Complete attendance sheets for relevant activities and contribute to monthly activity reports, according to guidance provided by the Protection Manager, Protection Monitoring Officer and supply information on a weekly basis to the Protection Manager, Protection Monitoring Officer in-line with deadlines;
- Maintain positive coordination and relationships with colleagues and other sector staff.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Protection Monitoring Officer
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: WPE, Child Protection, PRoL, Health team members
External: Communities, service providers
SCOPE OF WORK: As part of its Syria response, the organization has programs to support men, women boys and girls throughout Al-Hassakah and Ar-Raqqa governorates in Syria. The Community Mobilizers will be based in Al Raqqa supporting the implementation of protection rule of law (PRoL) programs, which include but not limited to activities such as protection monitoring, community outreach, referral, information dissemination, rapid assessment and survey. They will be expected to directly support vulnerable refugees, IDPs and host community members to access their legal rights through awareness sessions, individual counseling and legal assistance.
Advertiser : Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Raqqa
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Go to the below link and fill out the spaces with needed information and then submit your application. Make sure you attach supported document (PDF-Word).
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.