JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 4328
Job Title: Program Officer Child Protection Monitoring and resilience مسؤول برنامج مراقبة ومرونة حماية الطفل
Application deadline: 5/1/2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- Experience and/or excellent understanding of child rights, child protection in emergencies, case management, alternative care, psychosocial support, child and youth development, child and youth resilience and empowerment.
- At least one and a half years’ experience in child protection and/ or working with vulnerable families, caregivers, communities and individuals.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and capacity to maintain relations with government officials, community leaders, children and youth.
- At least two years of experience in managing projects, including supervision of staff.
- In-depth experience of training-development and delivery, including Child Protection.
- Proficiency in computer use including Microsoft Office and excel.
- Commitment to and understanding of relevant the organization aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches and child safeguarding policies and procedures.
- Flexibility and willingness to change work practices and hours and spend time in the field, sometimes in difficult conditions and with limited resources, and with remote management.
- Good understanding of the Al-Hassakeh and Al Raqqa regions, key decision makers and context.
Good knowledge of Arabic and Kurdish and English is an added advantage..
- Support the identification of beneficiaries and suitable sites/location, design and implementation of Child Protection program activities.
- Support the CP M&R Assistants in ensuring that the schedules of activities are comprehensive, and take into account gender and age sensitivities. Ensure that weekly schedules cover a range of activities, and that CFS teams (facilitators and supervisors) are working from 8 to 4 pm.
- Coordination with other SC Departments, other stakeholders and support of the Programme team for an integrated child protection response, and mainstreaming efforts.
- Identify capacity building needs for the team, and monitor their work on the ground within the minimum standard and relevant quality benchmarks
- Conduct trainings on CFS management, CFS activities, PSS activities, positive discipline, life skills, child and youth resilience, and other topics, to the organization staff and other relevant stakeholders (with the support and guidance of the Senior CP Specialist).
- Regularly support the delivery of the Child and Youth Resilience sessions, and participate in regular monitoring and follow up sessions with the Senior CP Specialist, to ensure that the programme is implemented up to standards.
- Regular monitoring visits to CFSs to ensure that the quality of implementation and relevant the organization standardised tools are adopted and international standards.
- Support AC on preparing for kick-off meetings, BvA meetings.
- Prepare weekly/monthly activity reports as required.
- Prepare procurement requests for setting up CFSs and supplies.
- Coordinate with support service departments to ensure required support for CFSs are provided.
Human resource management
- Responsible for line management of CP M&R Assistants.
- Follow up staff attendance, leaves, and coverage during leave for the staff under her/his supervision.
- Ensure regular feedback to the staff under her/his responsibility and appraisal process when needed.
- Support disciplinary measures application if needed.
Coordination and representation
- Coordinate with other relevant the organization sectors and departments as necessary.
- Represent relevant the organization CP in internal or external visits and calls where needed.
- Ensure a strict adherence to the principles of child protection and child safeguarding at all times, including respect for confidentiality and always acting in the best interests of the child.
- Comply with relevant the organization policies and practices with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- In agreement with line manager, perform other required duties within reason (in line with skills and experience).
Advertiser : Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Hasaka
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
Applicants may submit their CVs with their cover letter, address; telephone number and contact information to email@example.com – Subject of the email must clearly state ” Program Officer Child Protection Monitoring and resilience ”