JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 4349
Job Title: Food Security & Livelihood Officer مسؤول أمن الغذاء وسبل العيش
Application deadline: 12/1/2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- Bachelor degree in Agricultural or any other related field (Priority will be given to Agricultural education) – Technical experience with agricultural, value chains restoration, community development, cash transfers, and/or other livelihoods interventions.
- A minimum of 2 years practical experience within local and/or INGO – A practical experience of partner management – Ability to organize and facilitate training sessions – Fluent in Arabic/ Kurdish and English
- Exposure to northeast Syria context – Understanding of reporting documentation and donor rules and regulations a plus
- Support the implementing partner in development of a detailed, costed work plans for the assigned project component inline with submitted workplan to donor
- Organize project planning, kick-off/ start-up meetings and workshops with the Implementing partner staff
- Establish a network of focal point for the implementing partner
- Facilitate the IP in stakeholder meetings, community sensitization and mobilization sessions, meetings and events
- Facilitate the IP to conduct field assessments, target groups, beneficiary selection criteria and collect baseline data
- Support partner in preparation of weekly and monthly workplan
- Monitor the work of field staff, partners and service contractors through periodic field visits, progress reviews and monitoring & progress reports from field teams.
- Provide data and information for assigned project in line with the MEAL plans designed jointly with the MEAL department and partner team member.
- Contribute, participate with partner in project monitoring and evaluation processes by documenting best practices, lessons learnt, beneficiary interviews, case studies and capturing field photos/videos
- Work as a team player providing relevant information assistance to partner team and other program colleagues as and when needed.
- Support the IP to maintain all relevant project documents in electronic and paper files (reports, contracts, agreements, correspondence, meeting notes, training materials, beneficiary lists, selection criteria)
- Ensure that work procedures and relevant standard operating procedures (SOPs) are understood and being carried out throughout the implementation by staff and implementing partner.
- Provide technical support and coaching to field staff, partners and service contractors to ensure field implementation is in line with agreed work plans, SOPs and implementation guidelines including beneficiaries registration process, distribution, trainings, PDMs etc.
- Review project work plans on a regular basis to ensure implementation is on track with agreed work plans
- Work closely with safety and security focal points to ensure field implementation is in line with NES safety and security protocols.
- Work closely with the project coordinator, FSL program manager and other departments to ensure timely support from finance, logistic and procurement throughout implementation of assigned projects.
- Support Implementing partner to coordinate with local authorities and stakeholders to ensure FS, Livelihood and resilience program is well coordinated with local actors and necessary approval in place to implement the program
- Ensure communication and joint working with other projects and teams to ensure integrated response
- Work with FSL Coordinator and FSL Program Manager to ensure that communication between and Partners is clear and issues are solved in a timely manner.
- Support partner to prepare and share weekly and monthly report with FSL Co and PM
- Identify partner capacity gaps and share with FSL CO/ PM
- Maintain communication with all partners to ensure consistent relationships, up to date information, and ongoing professionalization.
Our Syria Country Office implements programs in the northeast governorates of Syria within the Northeast Syria (NES) field office, with and through partner from LNGOs. The empowerment and professionalization of Org’s partners is fundamental to Org’s vision and approached to support vulnerable people affected by the Syrian crisis.
The role of the FSL Program Officer is to facilitate the implementation of the Livelihood & Resilience Program through local partner and reporting to the Food Security & Livelihoods Project Coordinator. S/he will be responsible to facilitate the activities implementation through local partner within the overall livelihoods program of in North East Syria. S/he will need to regularly co-ordinate and communicate with staff, partners and other stakeholders in order to ensure the effective implementation of programs. Livelihoods & Resilience programming in NES will include support for agriculture value chains, Support to productive asset building & protection (agriculture, livestock), small & medium enterprise development, income generation activities and rehabilitation of community infrastructure. Program will also focus on cash transfer programs (including cash for work, commodity vouchers as well as cash for specific livelihoods interventions). The program officer is expected to have technical skills and experience in Value Chains and Agriculture as well as other livelihoods & resilience interventions.
Contract period: Till 31st March 2021 (with possibility to extend)
Advertiser : Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Hasakeh & Sur
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
- CV and cover letter should be in one file and only application in English will be considered;
- Application should be sent to email@example.com before the closing date of 12th Jan 2021;
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.