JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 4350
Job Title: Senior Protection Program Officer مسؤول قسم الحماية أقدم
Application deadline: 9/1/2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- University degree in psychology, social work, pedagogy, social sciences and/or project management or another relevant field.
- Minimum one-year experience working with an INGO or LNGO.
- Minimum two-years previous experience in protection/GBV/CP/MHPSS programs.
- Previous experience in humanitarian project and human resources management.
- Previous experience in managing local partnerships and in organizational capacity-building.
- Commitment to and understanding of core values and principles.
- Commitment to gender, diversity and human rights.
- Ability to work in unstable, uncertain or potentially dangerous environments, independently and in a team.
- Excellent animation and facilitation skills.
- Excellent reporting and data management skills.
- Strong coordination capacity and excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills.
- Excellent skills MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Power point.
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English, Kurdish will be an asset.
- Pro-active and helpful attitude, ready to take on variety of new tasks.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
- Not afraid to pilot new ideas, fail, and learn from mistakes.
- Support conducting partners mapping in the Protection sector when required.
- With the PPC and Partnership Officer, support the shortlisting of partners for the Protection program.
- Support the PPC and PO in the revision of partners proposal supporting documents (project proposal, scope of work, work plan, etc.) and ensure it is consistent with Protection Program objectives.
- Support selected partners and direct implementation team in planning and implementation of the project activities. Organize project kick-off meetings when required.
- Ensure partners are aware and adhere to agreed workplan, activities are planned and carried out as agreed and deviations are reported.
- Maintain regular communication and schedule regular visits to the partner offices to ensure consistent relationships, up to date information, and ongoing two-way feedback is being provided and received.
- Seek for partners’ feedbacks and ensure issues in the implementation of the projects are red-flagged and reported to the line manager. Be proactive in recommending adjustments and adaptation of the project’s activities.
- Coordinate closely with the MEAL team to ensure time-effectiveness and quality in data collection process.
- With the support of the MEAL team, ensure understanding of the M&E plan and related tools. Under the supervision of the PPC, adapt M&E tools with the MEAL team if needed.
- Ensure continuous monitoring of directly implemented and partners’ project activities; including monitoring of achievements towards targets and quality of activities. Conduct weekly field visits to monitor activities carried out by the partner organization and submit weekly field visit monitoring reports.
- Support to and engagement in establishment/implementation of accountability mechanisms to ensure feedback on gender/protection concerns are duly captured into projects adaptations and improvement. Ensure partners encourage participation from beneficiaries in program development, implementation, and evaluation and feedback mechanisms for accountability.
- Support partners NGOs in maintaining a safe and confidential record keeping system and making sure referral of cases are confidential, safe and in a timely manner.
- Be responsible for the consolidation of monthly verification reports. Submit to the PPC weekly and monthly narrative reporting, reflecting main achievements and challenges with regards to partners’ projects.
- With the PPM and the PQM, conduct capacity-building needs assessment of the Protection partners and contribute to the development of organizational capacity-building plans focusing on technical and programmatic capacity-building.
- Design, organize and conduct trainings for partners on protection related topics. Be responsible for the completion of mandatory/basic trainings for new partners (e.g.: PSEA, Protection Mainstreaming).
- Coordinate and communicate every training opportunity and where possible every capacity-building intervention with another peer INGO/UN agency to minimize duplication and overlap in partner capacity building initiatives.
- Ensure full understanding of mission, values and strategy for NES from partners and support them in its operationalization across projects.
- Ensure cross-cutting issues are taken into account and protection and gender are mainstreamed across partners’ operations.
- Identify external training and capacity-building opportunities.
- Follow-up achievements of each partner towards its capacity-building plan and suggest adaptations and adjustments if needed.
- Ensure dissemination and understanding of technical and programmatic resources to the partners (e.g.: case management SOPs) and coach the partners on their use. Adapt/develop specific resources for partners when needed.
- Under the supervision of the PPC, coordinate with Protection Program Officer to organize regular learning and coaching meetings between staff and partners.
- Support the PPC in ensuring effective coordination between partners themselves and’s staff and volunteers to maximize synergy of action, exchange of knowledge and harmonization of practices.
- Ensure partners’ staff are included in program trainings delivered for the protection team when relevant and appropriate.
- Under the guidance of the PPC and in close coordination with the PQM, liaise with other programs and departments when needed and strengthen effective communication channels.
- Ensure intervention through local partners is known at governorate and local levels. Attend local coordination meetings with partners when needed and facilitate discussions and interactions with other L/NGOs.
- Supervise a team of protection program officer, program assistants/ Data clerk and provide professional coaching and guidance for the team members.
- Under the supervision of the PPC, conduct training needs assessments and develop staff capacity-building plans.
- Prepare weekly and monthly activity schedules for the team and oversee its application. Conduct weekly meetings with the PPAs.
- Conduct staff appraisal and support them to set annual goals.
- Ensure understanding of and compliance to PSEA and Child Safeguarding policies and reporting mechanisms.
- Ensure affected populations are fully aware about PSEA and CS policies and know how to report in a safe and confidential way.
- With the PSEA Focal Point, ensure compliance of local partners towards PSEA and CS policies and build their capacities to better prevent, mitigate and address PSEA and CS risks.
The Senior Protection Programme Officer will supervise partnerships, direct implementation in the Protection program. He/she will ensure protection activities are in line with Protection strategy and adhere to humanitarian principles, policies, procedures, projects’ objectives and activities and donors’ requirements. He/she will build capacities of the protection team and partners and provide technical and general guidance and coaching. He/she will manage partnership selection process, review and evaluation with the support of relevant departments. He/she will coordinate interactions between local partners and Protection program and relevant departments and will act as the primary focal point for partners. He/she will finally ensure protection and gender are mainstreamed in protection activities.
Contract period: Till 31st March 2021 (with possibility to extend)
Advertiser : Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Hasakeh
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
- CV and cover letter should be in one file and only application in English will be considered;
- Application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date of 9th Jan 2021;
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.