JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 4356
Job Title: WASH Monitor مراقب المياه والإصحاح
Application deadline: 10/1/2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- Secondary school or higher education certificate
- Good knowledge of Arabic (reading and writing)
- Higher education certificate (Bachelor degree in social, medical and/or environmental related subjects, engineering institute and/or engineering bachelor degree)
- Experience with a local or International NGO is a plus
- Experience in working in multi-cultural environments is a plus
- Exposure to northeast Syria programming a plus.
- Technical background is desired
- Fluency in written, spoken Arabic
- An ability to present concise reports, reflecting the problems and possible solutions
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good computer program skills (esp. Excel, Word, Power Point)
- 1-2 years’ experience in relevant sector with a local or International NGO.
- Experience in Data collection tools and maps
- Monitor and evaluate the participation, ownership and inclusiveness of community members in decision-making regarding water, sanitation, hygiene awareness and evaluation of activities related to the project.
- Assist in the design, implementation and monitoring and evaluation of WASH activities to ensure all activities reflect the needs of specific groups and individuals e.g. women, elderly people, children, and people with disabilities.
- Encouraging continuous participation in the sector works and assisting the local community in addressing water and sanitation problems.
- Identification of non-food hygiene-related needs, participation in element selection, targeted strategy, and promotion of effective use and post-distribution assessment.
- Conduct and carryout NFI WASH materials post monitoring distribution including hygiene kits, distribution of hygiene promotion materials, cleaning materials
- Collect and organize information on progress of all aspects of hygiene promotion activities ensuring information is disaggregated by gender and age (men, women, boys and girls).
- Taking into account the diversity of society and the necessity of the principle of equality between men and women and the implementation of activities in a way that reflects the needs of groups and individuals such as women, elderly, children and the disabled.
- Conduct water quality tests (Turbidity -FRC-TDS-PH) or any similar tests to ensure the quality of water after interventions in terms of improving water quality in targeted areas
- Monitor and supervise infrastructure rehabilitation and construction activities on daily basis to guarantee the quality of intervention.
- Conduct a pre- and post-rapid knowledge, attitude and practice (KAP) survey and WASH assessments and Post Monitoring, FGDs, baseline assessments.
- Participate in the development of monitoring tools for hygiene promotion and rehabilitation activities as required.
- Support in collecting and organizing information on progress of all aspects of hygiene promotion and rehabilitation activities ensuring information is disaggregated by gender and age (men, women, boys and girls).
- Support the documentation related to rehabilitation of WASH infrastructures activities and distributions, including reviewing beneficiary lists, and post distribution monitoring reports, as needed.
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly reports as requested by WASH Program Officer verbally on written.
- In collaboration with the WASH team and MEAL team, monitor the impact of the program activities on the beneficiaries
- Fully participate in any learning reviews, ensuring that final recommendations are shared with the relevant team members and eventually incorporated into program activities
- Provide regular updates to WASH Program Officer and team on progress, priorities and constraints, both verbally and in written form
- Represent to local partners, governmental and non-governmental groups as requested
- Coordinate with all teams to identify and implement integrated response when applicable.
The WASH Monitor will work under the direction and supervision of the WASH Program Officer. S/he will be responsible for supporting the implementation of the rehabilitation activities in line with other water and sanitation projects (WASH). S/he will need to regularly implement and communicate with hygiene promotion teams, Engineering team and stake holders in order to ensure the effective, day-to-day implementation of WASH activities in selected project locations.
Contract period: Till 31st March 2021 (with possibility to extend)
Advertiser : Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Sur
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
- CV and cover letter should be in one file and only application in English will be considered;
- Application should be sent to email@example.com before the closing date of 10th Jan 2021;
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.