JOB Vacancy Announcement #: NES-TLB-GBV-0106
Job Title: GBV Officer
Application deadline: 16.01.2021
MRFS is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
- Degree in gender Studies, psychology, sociology or Social Work or diploma holders in social sciences with strong GBV experience will also be considered
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working for an international NGO
- Professional experience in GBV prevention and response programs in emergency
- Experience working with local organizations in developing contexts
- 2 years related field with experience. NGO experience is a plus
- Experience training, mentoring and coaching staff on new program approaches and core competencies
- Previous experience of program management required
- Strong English, Arabic and Kurdish skills, written and spoken. Ability to write reports in English is preferable.
- Strong computer skills, including competence in MS Word, MS Excel and Power Point, internet/MS Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues in complex and rapidly changing environment.
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites as needed.
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Medical Relief for Syria.
- As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Medical relief for Syria’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards.
- Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
- Fulfill any other duties and responsibilities as assig
- Initiate planning for longer-term GBV prevention and response activities, including referral pathway and standard operating procedures.
- Providing day to day technical guidance on GBV to the program specialized interventions by the GBV social workers, community mobilizers, women center facilitators to ensure standards and procedures are followed
- Maintain, monitor and measure GBV project implementation and contribute to effective information management on GBV survivor
- Ensure adequate project monitoring systems and evaluation procedures are in place applying appropriate tools in order to collect and update all progress indicators for the project.
- Closely work with social workers and ensure that staff implement and respect best-practice and international standards in GBV prevention and response
- Participate in the design of project activities, monitoring systems and capacity building activities for partners, community member and children.
- Assist GBV team in the development and testing of Behavior Change Communication (BCC) materials on GBV and violence prevention for the camp communities.
- Oversee awareness raising activities and support the development of messaging.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationship with relevant stakeholders including partner agencies, community leaders, CBO and local NGOs and service providers;
- Develop and maintain effective working relationship with relevant stakeholders including GOI, Donors, partner agencies, community structures and service provid
Advertiser : Medical Relief for Syria
Duty Station: Tel Baider
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to MRFS email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please indicate the code of the position (NES-TLB-GBV-0106) in the Subject line.
- CVs without the subject line “NES-TLB-GBV-0106 ” will not be considered.
- Only CVs in Word and pdf format will be accepted, other formats will be ignored.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.