JOB Vacancy Announcement #:
Job Title: Finance Technical Officer
Application deadline: 18.01.2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
Generic professional competencies:
- Experiences of working as a Finance Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Business and Administration or finance-related fields.
- Previous experience in working with external donor funding.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Strong Excel skills and accounting software.
- Proficient in Arabic and good level of English written and spoken.
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Has 3 years of work experiences in finance section
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and team working skills
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential
- Ability work independently whenever required
- Good computer application skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, database and network communication
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environments
- Managing resources and to optimize results
- Implement financial systems and procedures according to Financial Handbook, other ORG Policies and donor rules.
- Ensure all the projects codes on PR, PO, vouchers and other financial documents are correct before verification.
- Ensure all required and proper supporting documents are attached with vouchers before the payments.
- Ensure all accounting records are booked on a timely manner.
- Ensure all accounting entries are ok before posting the Postbacks.
- Responsible for Agresso/ Unit 4 postings
- Ensure timely payment of contractors, suppliers and other expenditures.
- Responsible to run the E-BRS and reconcile all balance accounts on monthly basis for NES
- Reconcile the SYFX0000 every month before the period closes for NES
- Responsible for cash management (safe, hawala) for NES office.
- Ensure the monthly cash forecasts and request is prepared within the deadline and shared with the area office.
- Responsible to prepare monthly financial report for NES
- Ensure all financial documents are filed electronically and in hard copy based on ORGs procedures for Securing Supporting Documents (SSD).
- Develop capacity building plan for the Finance Officer and Technical Assistant – including on- the-job trainings.
- Supervise the Finance Assistants and Finance Officer, mentoring them in their daily functions.
- In coordination with the programme and Logistics teams, organize and implement the financial aspects of cash-based and voucher-based interventions.
- Responsible for any tasks assigned by his/ her supervisor
- In case of audit, make sure that the needed documentation is prepared and according to ORG standards.
Advertiser : Confidential
Duty Station: NES – Al Hassakeh
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link: