JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 4388
Job Title: Education Team Leader
Application deadline: 13.01.2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
Generic professional competencies for this position:
• Experience from working 3 years in a project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context • Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
• Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
• Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
• Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Context related skills, knowledge and experience:
• University degree in Education / Social Studies
• Previous experience in leading/managing team – minimum 2 years
• Knowledge of the context in NES
• Knowledge of the local languages – Kurdish and Arabic
• Experience with emergency and transition programming
• Handling insecure environments
• Managing resources to optimize results
• Empowering and building trust
• Managing performance and development
• Planning and delivering results
• Line management of project staff;
• Adherence to ORG policies, guidance and procedures;
• Contribute to Education strategy development, project proposals and provide input on needs and gaps;
• Manage the day-today implementation of delegated portfolio of Education projects (activities, budget and procurement tracking and project documentation) as delegated from Project Coordinator in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements, and ensure high technical quality;
• Provide regular progress reports to Project Coordinator;
• Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist;
• Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities;
• Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills;
• Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders in collaboration with the Field Office Coordinator;
• Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
• Project Cycle Management (PCM) & Implementation. As delegated by line-manager, responsible for the successful implementation of designated education projects
• Technical Quality. Responsible for ensuring implementation of high-quality Education projects by ORG, in accordance with the agreed ORG Syria Response Country and Education Strategies, tools and guidelines.
• Project M&E. As delegated by line-manager, responsible for accurate and high-quality Monitoring and Evaluation of ORG Education or related activities, including information management and archiving.
• Protection Mainstreaming. Responsible for supporting protection mainstreaming in all Education related activities throughout the project-cycle.
• Coordination and Representation. As delegated by line-manager and with close collaboration with field coordinator, responsible for representing ORG education programs in Area-level coordination mechanisms, in formal and in-formal forums and through bilateral (peer) coordination.
Advertiser : Confidential
Duty Station: North East Syria – Raqqa
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link: