JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 4392
Job Title: Field Manager Raqqa
Application deadline: 25.01.2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- College qualification in related fields.
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience working in a humanitarian and/or development NGO.
- Proven experience as an efficient and effective manager (including management of people and projects).
- Minimum 2 years’ experience managing support teams for humanitarian and/or development programs.
- Exceptional organizational and coordination skills.
- Ability to live and work under pressure in an unstable working environment
- Experience and reliability in carrying out safety and security protocols.
- Excellent relationship-building, interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively represent the organization in coordination Forums.
- Strong negotiation skills essential with experience in conflict resolution desirable.
- Fluency in Arabic, with excellent English skills
- Flexibility and sense of humor.
Security and Humanitarian Access:
- Working closely with the Humanitarian Access Manager (HAM)/Deputy Humanitarian Access Manager and successfully maintaining relations and networks within Raqqa governorate.
- Support the Field Coordinator and HAM for revisions and updates to the Syria Security Management Plan (SMP).
- Customize standard operating procedures (SOPs) and contingency plans for camps.
- Responsible for the monitoring of movement of all national and international staff.
- Ensure that all staff respect and adhere to all the organization safety and security policies and protocols at all times.
- Ensure that existing newly hired staff receive safety and security trainings in a timely and systematic manner.
- Ensure the staff submit movement plans and provide a safety briefing on the security status of the areas to be visited prior to any field visit
- Act as focal point to represent the organization in coordination meetings with local authorities within Al Raqqa Governorate.
- Coordinate the execution and collection of ongoing operational needs assessments
- Support Program Coordinators/Managers in the oversight of program quality through regular field visits to areas of operation under Raqqa programming area.
- Ensure that spending plans are being developed, adhered to, and are in line with work-plans and implementation timelines.
- Chair and lead weekly all staff meetings amongst programs, administrative and supply chain staff.
Supply Chain and Finance:
- Ensure that all Raqqa based staff are adhering to organization policies, procedures and practices and are in compliance with the organization, donor and national requirements.
- In close coordination with the Field Coordinator, oversee the day-to-day safety and security of organization staff, assets and premises (field office/guesthouse and other facilities).
- In coordination with Supply Chain Manager, oversee Supply Chain functions, including procurement, fleet and facilities management and facilitate effective supply chain planning and preparation to support program implementation.
- Support program Departments during distribution for supplies and assets of closed and open grants and collaborate with all departments that there are sufficient spaces for Items prior to distribution.
- In coordination with Finance Manager, oversee finance functions and facilitate effective financial planning to support other departments.
Human Resources Field Management:
- Ensure, in coordination with the Human Resources (HR) Lead, that human resources policies and procedures are documented, disseminated and consistently applied in Camps.
- Ensure that all staff are trained on HR policies and procedures.
- Ensure that each team is properly staffed according to the needs and availability of funding through collaboration with the HR and program team.
- Provide support and supervision to Al Hole staff. Discuss job expectations, set objectives and provide appropriate and timely feedback regarding performance, including timely implementation of the annual staff performance management system.
- Identify training needs of direct reports and ensure that they are able to access training and professional development resources appropriate to their skills gaps/needs.
- Maintain open and professional relationships with team members, foster a strong team spirit and provide oversight and guidance to enable staff to perform successfully in their positions.
- Lead the “The organization Way – Global Standards for Professional Conduct” with commitment, integrity and accountability.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders in Al Raqqa governorate – including community and religious leaders, NGOs, government ministries/authorities and UN agencies, to enhance cooperation and coordination between organizations.
- Participate in field working group meetings and report updates to Field Coordinator
- Ensure various sector teams are integrated and there is cross collaboration and coordination amongst the teams.
- Act as a focal point for e for emergency response in the area(s) of operation. Coordinate with the Field Coordinator on emergency response measures to ensure timely and quick assistance is delivered.
- Facilitate field visits for donors, organization HQ/technical units, organization internal staff and other external visitors.
Advertiser : Confidential
Duty Station: Raqqa
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.