JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 4417
Job Title: Fleet Assistant – Amuda مساعد نقل
Application deadline: 31.01.2021
Working hours: Full time
Experience: minimum 2 years
Language required: English (fluent), Arabic (fluent), Kurdish (fluent)
Gender: Female and Male
Education: Bachelor Degree
Contract duration: according to the project duration, up to 3 months with poss
Qualifications & Preferred Skills:
– Education: Bachelor degree, preferably in Logistics or Engineering, or equivalent diploma
– Up to 1 year of professional experience in fleet management and/or fleet monitoring; experience in security is also an advantage
– Fluency in English, spoken & written (essential requirement); fluency in Kurdish and Arabic is also required.
– Intermediate skill level in MS office (Word, Excel, PPT & Outlook) and outlook/cloud-based software management
– Good organization skills; sense of confidentiality and discretion; proactive and autonomous; good team spirit;
– Strong communication and problem-solving skills
– Strong conflict management skills
– Flexibility and ability to work under pressure
– Knowledge of Human Rights standards, NGO code of conduct and structure (previous NGO experience is an advantage)
The Fleet Assistant is supporting the Logistic and Security Departments in organizing transportation of staff.
The duty station is Amuda, with possible travels to a number of project locations across all North East Syria and cross border points.
The Fleet Assistant normally reports to the relevant Manager/Officer within the Security Department and the Head of Mission.
The Fleet Assistant is mostly responsible to perform the assigned tasks, ranging among the ones listed below; specific duties might be assigned according to the experience in some identified sub-categories such as Procurements, Maintenance, etc.. However, flexibility and availability to perform logistic tasks across such sub-categories, if and when needed, are a mandatory requirement.
The Fleet Assistant is required to duly and timely perform all the tasks assigned by the relevant Manager or Officer within scope of Security Department, as well as to support in reviewing all processes and systems and designing and implementing new plans and procedures as needed.
The Fleet Assistant is also required to support in organizing and archiving all the relevant documentation as per UPP’s internal procedures and ensure accountability, transparency and due diligence as per UPP’s Code of Conduct, with special regard to fleet management.
Tasks and duties
– Support the organization of fleet operations, including tracking and reporting, in coordination with the Security Department, across all project locations in NES;
– Creation of performance, efficiency, vehicle/equipment maintenance and reports;
– Make sure all drivers adhere to UPP SOP’s and other regulations, with special regard to security;
– Ensure, in coordination with the Security Department, that all drivers understand and procure the licenses and permits they need to legally carry passengers to work destinations;
– Support the Logistic and Security Departments in the selection of drivers;
– Ensure fleet availability to meet all requests by scheduling, forecasting and surveying current user trends;
– Develop and implement operational standards to maintain vehicles by advocating best practices;
– Support in assessing roads and routes, whenever required, in coordination with the Security Department;
– Support in monitoring transfers and movement of vehicles between project locations as required by operations and management;
– Regularly review and update vehicle fleet related policies at least once a year;
– Support in developing tools to track all the mission movements as per projects’ needs;
– Ensure that car logs are properly filled, archived and used to monitor the relevant traveling parameters;
– Ensure that all the rented vehicles are properly equipped as per UPP Security SOPs, in coordination with the Security Department;
– Address drivers’ needs and issues, in coordination with Head of Logistics.
Advertiser : UPP (Un Ponte Per)
Duty Station: Amuda (travelling and overnight stays at project locations or cross boarder locations might be required)
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.