JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 4462
Job Title: Supply Chain Operations Coordinator منسق عمليات قسم التوريد
Application deadline: 04.02.2021
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Business Administration, Management, International Economics, Accounting, Engineering, International Development, Contract/Commercial Law or areas directly related to logistics operations. Demonstrated professional work experience and understanding of relevant functions may be considered in lieu of university degree.
- Experience in INGO-local NGO procurement and logistics systems and procedures. Awareness of supply chain issues in the humanitarian context.
- 3yrs experience in logistics with some specialist skills;
- Experience managing 1-3 staff; Able to represent organization to external suppliers and government officials.
- Ability to handle a large workload, work under pressure, independently
- Previous logistics operations experience with an NGO (Desirable)
- Experience with standard procurement procedures and documentation in the humanitarian context and in conflict related areas with limited infrastructure;
- Understanding of the procurement rules and regulations of major international donors (Desirable);
- Understanding of the local market, local legislation related to contracts, suppliers, contractors and customs clearance, business registration requirements and tax regulations, legal aspects of contracting and contract management;
- Excellent written and spoken English and Arabic
- Fluency in written and spoken Kurdish
- Experience of working in field level
The overall purpose of the Supply Chain Operations Coordinator (SCOC) is to assist the Supply Chain Operations Manager (SCOM) on Procurement and Logistics including sourcing, select and contract local vendors against the best possible legal and commercial conditions. The SCOC will supervise day to day Procurement and logistics activities throughout all NES hubs. The position will make sure that NES and donor’s procurement and logistics policy/procedures and SOP’s are strictly followed and guide implementation across all offices and field sites. S/he will coordinate closely with program, finance, field offices and other departments and facilitate their requirements in logistics and procurement.
The SCOC in conjunction with the SCOM will oversee and supervise all administrative activities across all NES hubs, ensuring that all facilities are properly maintained in safe condition and that all necessary supplies are available. S/he must ensure timely collection and submission of all reports across Supply Chain, Admin and IT departments. S/he must ensure that all documents are well kept for checking and audit purposes.
In conjunction with the SCOM, the SCOC will work with all levels of staff to set performance objectives, help develop capacity for personal and professional growth through mentorship and facilitating training where appropriate. For all direct reports, ensure that performance management system is adhered to, including job descriptions, performance reviews and goal setting. In consultation with SCOM will take lead in staffing decisions across Supply Chain and Admin departments.
SCOC will work closely with SCOM on strategic planning. This will include without limitation, context analysis, development of fraud and corruption risk mitigation measures, and data analysis in efforts to increase efficiency across all Supply Chain Admin and IT departments. Coordinate and collaborate with counterparts in other INGOs and participate in Logistics and Operations Working groups. Work with SCOM to develop proper systems for partnership development and capacity building. Will take the acting SCOM role when SCOM is on leave.
- Work with SCOM to oversee and ensure that procurement activities are conducted in a fair, transparent and accountable manner and in compliance with the Procurement manual, donor requirements, and other reference documents as a guide.
- Daily coordination of procurement activities.
- Ensures that procurements are being processed in a timely and efficient manner. Actively looks for system improvements. Seeks to solve bottlenecks or report up problems as needed.
- Oversees SCOs to ensure that documents are to kept secure and strictly confidential as well as to assure that adequate measures are being taken to assure that confidentiality is maintained.
- Assist in monitoring the tendering process and ensuring the smooth running of the procurement/tender committee. Works with SCOM to revise and amend process as needed to adapt to the changing context. Constantly reviewing processes for potential fraud and corruption and designing new mitigation measures.
- SCOC, with support from the SCOM keeps a close watch on large and complex procurements and tenders from receipt of PR through drafting of RFQ/Tender through to receipt of good and ensuring all documents for payment are submitted to finance in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with all projects managers and departments to ensure proper program panning and maintain excellent relationships across all departments to deliver quality support services.
- Assist SCOC in coordinating the procurement committee meetings, following up with the suppliers. Working with Safety and Security, program teams and Suppliers to coordinate distributions and clearances.
- SCOC should oversee SCOs in ensuring that legitimate concerns and rights of vendors and service providers are duly looked into and addressed promptly, this includes things like; due payments for performed contracts, certificates for tax deductions, complaints and other legitimate issues raised.
- Ensure that Southern Syria unit comply fully with the anti-terrorism policy and documents all screening result for future reference.
- Ensure that the procurement tracker is maintained and up to date and that all reports are completed and submitted in a timely manner.
- Work with IT to ensure BIS compliance in procurements, coordinate the import of goods from KRI.
- Facilitate the export of documents from NES to Amman for document retention and information security.
- Oversee the day-to-day work of the SCOs in charge of fleet management in across all NES hubs and field sites to organize and plan weekly and daily passenger vehicle movements based on the movement.
- In conjunction with SCOM liaise with Safety and Security Department (SSD) on security permission related issues.
- Ensure that SCOs keep track of vehicle rental contracts, drivers list and monitor driver performance
- In conjunction with SCOM, work with program and SSD to organize distributions and clearances ensure timely delivery of goods to field sites.
- Ensure that the Distribution Tracker is maintained and that distributions are done in a timely manner, including working with SSD to ensure clearances and approvals are done.
- Ensure that all monthly logistics reports (fleet, generators, etc.) are prepared and submit to the Supply Chain Coordinator and Supply Chain Manager in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all program offices including field offices are adequately equipped with necessary supplies and equipment thus providing conducive working environment to all staff.
- Ensure that the logistics team in each office has a clear plan and instructions for carrying our generator operation and maintenance
- Ensure that the logistics team in each office is responsive to request from Admin Departments to carry out the office and guesthouse routine maintenance (plumbing, electric, infrastructure, furniture, etc.).
- As requested by the admin team, supervise rehabilitation / construction activities to be conducted in new facilities
- Oversee Amin Officer and SCOs in the selection and setup of new facilities (Office/GHs)
- Take overall responsibility for all warehousing related activities, ensuring that logistics and warehouse staff are properly arranging and organizing warehouse; doing regular stock count, and ensuring safety in the warehouse
- Work closely with the Programs Teams to identify and contract Trucking and Transport companies for movements of goods and personnel.
- Ensure that all Warehouses maintain Stock related documents, such as GRN, Way Bills, Bin/Stock Cards etc.
- Refine and improve the NES hub asset management system from receipt of good to disposal or donation.
- Ensure that all equipment’s/materials/furniture/fixture are tagged with asset no.
- Support Admin and Log assistant, they are maintaining and updating the asset register from receivable to issue to disposal, including asset tags, equipment issue forms
- Work with SC Assistants and Finance to ensure proper timely inventory and reporting
Contract period: Till 31st March 2021 (with possibility to extend)
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
Nothing to Mention.
Duty Station: Al Hasaka
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
- CV and cover letter should be in one file and only application in English will be considered;
- Application should be sent to email@example.com before the closing date of 4th February 2021;
- We encourage candidates from any social background, religion, and ethnicity to apply, and particularly women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- We encourage people with disabilities and from other diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate based on disability