JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 4463
Job Title: Supply Chain Officer مسؤول قسم التوريد
Application deadline: 04.02.2021
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Business Administration, Management, International Economics, Accounting, Engineering, International Development, Contract/Commercial Law or areas directly related to logistics operations. Demonstrated professional work experience and understanding of relevant functions may be considered in lieu of university degree.
- Experience in INGO-local NGO procurement and logistics systems and procedures. Awareness of supply chain issues in the humanitarian context.
- 3yrs experience in logistics with some specialist skills;
- Experience managing 1-3 staff; Able to represent organization to external suppliers and government officials.
- Ability to handle a large workload, work under pressure, independently
- Previous logistics operations experience with an NGO (Desirable)
- Experience with standard procurement procedures and documentation in the humanitarian context and in conflict related areas with limited infrastructure;
- Understanding of the procurement rules and regulations of major international donors (Desirable);
- Understanding of the local market, local legislation related to contracts, suppliers, contractors and customs clearance, business registration requirements and tax regulations, legal aspects of contracting and contract management;
- Excellent written and spoken English and Arabic
- Fluency in written and spoken Kurdish
- Experience of working in field level.
The logistics officer will supervise the Procurement and logistic assistant for day-to-day activities in Hassakeh Governorate. The position would make sure that NES and donor’s procurement and logistic policy/procedures, SOP’s are strictly followed and guide the team in Hassekeh offices to implement.
S/he must ensure that all goods, services are procured, stored and delivered in right time with right cost. He is responsible for all reports on procurement warehouse and transport and submits it to SCOM in time. S/he must keep all documents in order for checking and audit purpose. S/he will coordinate closely with program, finance, field offices and other department and facilitate their requirements in logistics and procurement.
- Assist in ensuring that procurement daily activities are conducted in a fair, transparent and accountable manner and in compliance with the Procurement manual, donor requirements, and other reference documents as a guide.
- Daily coordination of procurement activities.
- Assists staff as needed on creating clear and understandable purchase requests and other documentation.
- Assist in soliciting and gathering quotes, as per policy, conduct analysis and compares quotes as needed.
- SCO contributes to guarantee the confidentiality of all specifications and price quotations made by vendors/suppliers and that all related documents are to be kept secure and strictly confidential as well as to assure that adequate measures are being taken to assure that confidentiality is maintained.
- Assist in monitoring the receipt of bids and ensure that deadlines are adhered to and demonstrate the outmost fairness in the process.
- SCO handles large and complex procurements and tenders from receipt of PR through drafting of RFQ/Tender through to receipt of good and ensuring all documents for payment are submitted to finance in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with the Admin Assistant and other staff members to ensure that Good Received Note information properly match contract, invoice and receipt information.
- Assist the Procurement team to prepare all tender documents and ensure the timely and proper publication of these adverts in the local dailies and forward copies to respective individuals where appropriate
- Coordinate with all projects and requestors on issues arising from requests submitted and seek clarifications on specifications and charging details.
- Assist SCOC in coordinating the procurement committee meetings, following up with the suppliers. Working with Safety and Security, program teams and Suppliers to coordinate distributions and clearances.
- Ensure that Supply Chain Assistants are managing the vendor list by maintaining a professional relationship with listed vendors and service providers to ensure that materials and requirements meet established standards and those applicable policies, practices and procedures are understood and followed.
- Assist the procurement department in surveying the market for new potential vendors and assist in the process of evaluation for enlistment into the vendor list.
- SCO should ensure that legitimate concerns and rights of vendors and service providers are duly looked into and addressed promptly, this includes things like; due payments for performed contracts, certificates for tax deductions, complaints and other legitimate issues raised.
- Ensure that Southern Syria unit comply fully with the anti-terrorism policy and documents all screening result for future reference.
- Ensure that the procurement tracker is maintained and up to date and that all reports are completed and submitted in a timely manner.
- Constantly review procurements to mitigate fraud, corruption, and collusion.
- Work with IT to ensure BIS compliance in procurements, coordinate the import of goods from KRI.
- Facilitate the export of documents from NES to Amman for document retention and information security.
- Oversee the day to day work of the logistics assistants in charge of fleet management in Hassakeh Governorate offices to organize and plan weekly and daily passenger vehicle movements based on the movement. Liaise with Safety and Security Department (SSD) on security permission related issues.
- Ensure that all passenger vehicles are correctly maintained and Supervise and train the Drivers in conjunction with the Lead Driver
- Follow and ensure that vehicles are equipped with safety equipment’s and check vehicle on weekly basis and ensure that all vehicles are fit for the mission,
- Keep track vehicles rental contracts, drivers list and monitor driver performance
- Work with program and SSD to organize distributions and clearances ensure timely delivery of goods to field sites.
- Ensure that the Distribution Tracker is maintained and that distributions are done in a timely manner, including working with SSD to ensure clearances and approvals are done.
- Ensure that all monthly logistics reports (fleet, generators, etc.) are prepared and submit to the Supply Chain Coordinator and Supply Chain Manager in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all program offices including field offices are adequately equipped with necessary supplies and equipment thus providing conducive working environment to all staff.
- Ensure that the logistics team in each office has a clear plan and instructions for carrying our generator operation and maintenance
- Ensure that the logistics team in each office is responsive to request from Admin Departments to carry out the office and guesthouse routine maintenance (plumbing, electric, infrastructure, furniture, etc.).
- As requested by the admin team, supervise rehabilitation / construction activities to be conducted in new facilities
- Take overall responsibility for all warehousing related activities, ensuring that logistics and warehouse staff are properly arranging and organizing warehouse; doing regular stock count, and ensuring safety in the warehouse
- Work closely with the Programs Teams to identify and contract Trucking and Transport companies for movements of goods and personnel.
- Ensure that all Warehouses maintain Stock related documents, such as GRN, Way Bills, Bin/Stock Cards etc.
- Ensure that all equipment’s/materials/furniture/fixture are tagged with asset no.
- Support Admin and Log assistant, they are maintaining and updating the asset register from receivable to issue to disposal, including asset tags, equipment issue forms
Contract period: Till 31st March 2021 (with possibility to extend)
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
Nothing to Mention.
Duty Station: Al Hasaka
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
- CV and cover letter should be in one file and only application in English will be considered;
- Application should be sent to email@example.com before the closing date of 4th February 2021;
- We encourage candidates from any social background, religion, and ethnicity to apply, and particularly women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- We encourage people with disabilities and from other diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate based on disability