JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 4466
Job Title: HR Coordinator
Application deadline: 07.02.2021
- Degree in Management Business Administration or a related field with qualification in Human Resources management.
- Comparable level of significant relevant HR experience will be considered in lieu of educational requirements.
- A human resource management/development qualification from a credible institution
- Knowledge of employment law of Syria and models of good employment practice
- Significant experience of working for INGO/s at similar position or comparable to senior level position;
- Ability to effectively articulate and promote CARE’s core values, to a diverse audience;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels coupled with professional credibility to influence and motivate others to achieve results;
- Proven ability to plan, organize and prioritize work that includes complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities;
- High level of administrative and organizational skills with attention to details;
- Ability to work effectively as a member of the team and to operate flexibly to ensure learning opportunities;
- Cultural awareness and ability to build relationships quickly with a wide variety of people;
- Leadership skills including the ability to supervise and motivate staff with strong personal value systems;
- Ability to coach, mentor, delegate appropriately and provide developmental guidance to supervised staff.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic is essential;
- Competent level skills in core IT applications, particularly MS package;
- Patient, flexible, resilient and able to improvise and remain calm and responsive under pressure or in difficult circumstances without losing sight of objectives and work priorities;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discreet in dealing with sensitive information using listening and diplomatic skills;
- Willingness to travel frequently throughout North East Syria in short notice.
- Ability and experience in carrying out change management and ensuring full execution of change process;
- Previous development or humanitarian work experience in North East Syria.
- Manage the direct reports which may be recruited in the future according the program needs;
- Build and develop the capacity of the human resource team through performance management frameworks and human resource development ensuring that they have clear objectives and receive meaningful feedback on their performance;
- Provide support and advice to the program teams on the interpretation and implementation of the full range of HR Manual;
- Support HR Manager in Resource planning and best practices;
- Coordinate and monitor the induction program for all new incoming staff ensuring the objectives met and feedback is obtained;
- Conduct regular field trips to project offices to monitor and review Human Resource and administrative procedures and assist project staff where appropriate;
- Review the staff payroll including payments temporary workers, change of employee’s status affecting the compensation and benefit, final payment for staff leaving the organization and any allowances as appropriate;
- Ensure the Personal Activity Report (PAR) of all staff in North-East Syria is submitted according to the set deadline that each individual staff receives appropriate training to understand how to fill out the form upon receiving the budget allocation and latest balance of leave days;
- Leading in the provision of HR technical assistance, to both internal and external stakeholders, by contributing to their HR capacity, knowledge and appreciation of good HR practice and its impact.
- Supervise recruitments ensuring that employment legislation, corporate and divisional policies and procedures and best practice are followed and all necessary paperwork is correctly and timely completed;
- Ensure that all aspects of recruitment and contracting are fully compliant legally and in accordance with recruitment policy including promotion of gender equity & diversity and equal opportunities by putting specific question in the interview assessment;
- Support the HR team in proactive sourcing for positions that are hard to fill;
- Ensure that the pre-employment procedure is done according to the policy including background checks, reference checks prior to job offer process and contract signing;
- Ensure the recruitment tracker is updated regularly and distributed to the hiring managers, panel members, SMT and country office;
- Ensure that new staff are fully aware of the expectations of their role and are provided with the support, training and information that they need to function effectively;
- Ensure outgoing staff go through a proper exit interview in order to get feedback and insights on program, organizational processes and systems;
- Support the team in identifying staff learning and development needs and resources where appropriate to provide tailored training and support within budget availability;
- Lead the implementation new Performance Management system in coordination with the HR Officer ensuring all staff and managers are effectively utilizing the system;
- Facilitate performance management activities including one-to-ones between staff and managers are taking place across the program;
- Ensure induction program to new arrivals are conducted in timely manner utilizing induction materials and policies with efficient schedule and induction program sheets are kept in staff personal files;
- Provide tailored training on HR procedures to teams (including managers and partner staff) on specific HR topics upon request or as necessary;
- Support the line managers in field sites, coaching and mentoring to developing their capacity and systems and supporting them in HR policy development and implementation;
- Support in overall Employee Relations for the organization and provide assistance to HR Manager in identifying trends in employee relations issues and work with them to rectify issues;
- Provide local expertise to the HR Manager and other management staff to manage and coordinate grievance management and disciplinary proceedings involving any staff member and recommend appropriate action to resolve disputes;
- Assist the HR Manager on appropriate actions for prevention and response to any legal issue arising out of
- CARE’s work or employment, coordinate actions with Human Resources in the Country Office;
- Work closely with the Safety and Security Coordinator and HR Manager to ensure that potential health risks are identified and pro-actively dealt with in a timely basis to safeguard staff welfare and health needs.
- Ensure the HR data of all office in North-East Syria is updated on shared driver to support the contingency plan including the maintenance of its confidentiality and accurateness;
- Produce high quality reports on human resource statistics and activities within agreed reporting schedules to support HR Manager for relevant decision-making process;
- Ensure high level of confidentiality of staff personal data and other sensitive HR information by putting appropriate control mechanism for document protection;
- Ensure the employee database and record of staff leave balance are up-to-date including matrix of employee number, leave record of international staff, payroll of national staff for monthly submission the Country Office;
- Provide oversight for staff records, ensuring completeness of each individual staff record according to policy and minimum requirement including Bridger checks, reference checks, signed Code of Conduct, etc.
Nothing to Mention.
Duty Station: Al-Hasakeh
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.