JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 4477
Job Title: WASH Engineering Officer مسؤول هندسة مائية (مياه وإصحاح)
Application deadline: 06.02.2021
Experiences and skills:
- Bachelor degree in Civil engineering or related study
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in engineering field and 2 years’ experience in humanitarian organisations.
- Knowledge on testing/engineering materials quality testing
- Professional knowledge in engineering design, drawing and estimating.
- Ability to work independently whenever required.
- Knowledge on SPHERE or international WASH standards in humanitarian contexts.
- Basic report writing skills.
- Good computer application skills in AutoCAD, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, database and network.
- Strong Kurdish/Arabic skills, written and spoken. Good English skills, written and spoken
Experience in designing and delivering Trainings
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
The WASH Engineering Officer is responsible for the following:
- Be responsible for the technical part of needs assessments and participate in the selection of target WASH facilities to be rehabilitated in the project, through technical feasibility studies, visits to facilities and sites, and meeting with authorities.
- Under the guidance of Area Coordinator, explore potential areas for the WASH intervention with the coordination of local authorities, municipalities and WASH partners.
- Prepare BoQs in line with international and/or national WASH standards are met as required, including reference to Sphere standards where appropriate.
- Conduct regular monitoring visit to WASH activities carried out in the targeted locations.
- Follow up on monitoring systems to ensure they are implemented and review progress on a regular basis against the technical BoQs and intended outcome.
- Develop/sign off construction/rehabilitation completion reports.
- Prepare and submit weekly reports to Area Coordinator on the progress of activities and flag any issues that delay/deviate technical standards.
- Coordinate with MEAL department to support to ensure that minimum standards for accountability to beneficiaries are met, including community participation and that systems for collecting feedback from beneficiaries are in place and actively used.
- Provide leadership and management support to site engineers in the field.
- Conduct timely staff performance reviews and support for staff capacity building on site as well as organising capacity building trainings with support from technical staff/Area Coordinator.
- Support to prepare procurement plans of approved WASH project and make sure the engineering design and drawing have consistency and according to engineering norms.
- Any other task relevant to the position as requested by the Area Coordinator.
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
Nothing to Mention.
Duty Station: Hasakeh with frequent travelling to field sites in NES
How to Apply:
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
INGO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
The application period closes on 6th February 2021
NOTE: We will be reviewing CV’s when submitted and may be recruiting the right candidate before closing date
Female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Applicants may submit their CVs with their address; telephone number and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org – Subject of the email must clearly state ” WASH Engineering Officer“