JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 4486
Job Title: BASE AND FACILITIES OFFICER مسؤول المنشآت والموقع
Application deadline: 02.02.2021
Education Essential diploma or recognized formal training in the related technical area
Experience Demonstrate experience in related field (2 years’ experience)
Desirable experience with other NGOs
Languages Essential, mission working English language and local language(Arabic)
Knowledge Computer literacy and radio equipment user-knowledge
Carrying out or supervising all maintenance logistics activities in the base (Base and medical infrastructure) according to the standards and protocols of the organization in order to have the material, infrastructure and vehicles in optimal running conditions
- Participates in the implementation of the technical choices, policies and logistics procedures defined by the Logistics Specialist and ensures compliance with them
- In conjunction with the Logistics Specialisit, participates in evaluating the material and human resources needed to carry out the logistical activities of the Project
- Takes part in the preparation of activity reports and ensures statistical assessment of the assigned tasks
- Planning vehicles movements, tracking individual trips, and ensuring implementation of security measures
- Tracking consumption of supplies, and fuel used in different facilities (office, house, store, etc.).
- Checking the maintenance of the various open spaces and ensuring that domestic waste is correctly discarded
- Checking and ensuring the maintenance of premises and facilities, as well as the general water supply, electrical, walls, ceilings ect. and security conditions. In this sense, making inspection visits to assess the rehabilitation needs of facilities.
- Performing maintenance of logistics equipment for cold chain, energy, IT and communications, in particular:
- Inventories and the reallocation of equipment.
- Checking the quality of the work carried out on generators and electrical installations.
- Fire safety
- Preparing orders for his sector activity, do the follow-up, and checking their proper reception and state.
- Carrying out local purchases and ensuring that the line manager is aware of any problems linked to the quality or availability of the items to be purchased.
- Actively participates in trainings and meeting at the request of the line manager
Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Coordinate the team of drivers performance, ensuring their compliance with all rules and safety regulations, as well as the maintenance and service instructions of their assigned vehicles, namely:
o Prepare and oversee the drivers’ work schedule.
o Ensure daily, weekly checks of vehicles, and correct fill in of administration and vehicle logbook.
o Perform a monthly check of the vehicle inventory, documentation and first aid kit together with the responsible driver & pharmacist.
- Coordinate and supervise the associated resources (drivers) and fleet management to ensure adequate service in terms of:
o Supervise, motivate and train all drivers to ensure they adhere to all driving rules and regulations, take good care of their vehicles, prevent damage, perform routine maintenance activities, drive safely, and fill in the vehicle logbook with all relevant information.
o Organize resources according to the availability of drivers.
o Organize transport of goods and staff in collaboration with other team member
o Organize duty rosters and replacements in case of absence / holiday.
o Fuel Control of generator
o Check and ensure that safety procedures are met in vehicles to ensure that transportation is in the best conditions of safety for travellers.
o Report any problems with the vehicles (mechanical, accidents…) the superior / technical reference.
o Ensure maintenance on the fleet of vehicles to be in perfect working order and that cars are serviced at the desired time to ensure good use of it and to deliver services.
- Look after all equipment related to vehicle and driver.
- Carry out technical evaluations of all the hired vehicles, engines and transport companies, drawing up the necessary documents (contracts, etc.) in order to ensure the transportation services between the capital and the field or within the field.
Equipment & Infrastructures
- Monitor maintenance activities of infrastructures (log work request) and equipment (equipment inventory) according to standards.
- Ensure the check and follow-up of facilities (water supply) & equipment under the line manager supervision.
- Carrying out visits to facilities, reporting any anomalies or problems to the line manager.
- Together with the Logistic Specialist & Admin evaluating rehabilitation needs and following up minor building rehabilitation work in accordance with instructions given by his supervisor, and accounting to him/her on progress
- Checking that premises observe security norms (fire extinguishers present, electrical installations earthed, etc.).
- Planning together with the line manager required checks and maintenance activities of energy systems/set-up according to standards
- Responsible to identify, monitor and maintain the non-medical fixed assets and assist the Logistic Specialist Manager when require with the medical assets
- Ensures that all new equipment is immediately recorded in relevant inventories and filed according to procedures
- Ensures that all the mobile teams equipment is functional and clean at all times
- Ensure all documentation for equipment are in place and sign by each members
- Assist the Supply Officer to organize the equipment storage as well as supply processes, in order to ensure a good quality & a quick lead time.
- Assist log specialist in ICT Management
- Assist the Logistics Specialist (who holds the ultimate responsibility) in the implementation and the respect of security measures
- Assist the Logistics Specialist to ensure the protection of the facilities
- Assist the Logistics Specialist to ensure the protection of movements of staff/beneficiaries
- Assist the Logistics Specialist in monitoring the security context and environment of the project
- Immediately updates the Logistics Specialist/ Logistic Manager with information that has or could have an impact on the security of staff and /or property
- Ensures that the logistics team is supervised in compliance with the rules and procedures of the organization and the laws of the host country
- Assist the Logistic Specialist on monthly report
- Cover the duties of Logistic Specialist when requested
- Participate in preparing, planning and responding to possible emergencies together with the team
- On request perform any other additional duties given by the immediate supervisor in order to allow the organisation to function optimal
Essential diploma or recognized formal training in the assigned technical area
Demonstrate experience in his/her technical area (minimum 2 years’ experience)
Job Family: Logistics and Supply
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
Nothing to Mention.
Duty Station: Raqqa
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Applicants must submit their CV and cover letter latest on the 2nd February 2021 at 5:00 pm
By send your application and updated CV in English and any relevant certificates to:
Email address firstname.lastname@example.org please indicate in the subject of ema
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.