JOB Vacancy Announcement #: NES-TLB-GBV-0111
Job Title: Team Leader (Senior GBV Community Mobilizer)
Application deadline: 06.02.2021
Knowledge and Experience:
- Diploma or any other relevant qualification in community development/social sciences
- Experience in coordinating and facilitating program activities
- Professional experience in GBV prevention and response programs in emergency
- Ability to work with a broad spectrum of people from different cultural backgrounds.
- Strong English, Arabic and Kurdish skills, written and spoken. Ability to write reports in English is preferable.
- Strong computer skills, including competence in MS Word, MS Excel and Power Point, internet/MS Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues in complex and rapidly changing environment.
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites as needed.
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Medical Relief for Syria. Understanding of Medical Relief For Syria and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards.
- Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
- As applicable to the position, maintains a clear
- Fulfill any other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Respect the code of conduct and policies of the MRFS and the standards of the GBV team
- Adhere and uphold the MRFS principle and policies (integrity, accountability and service) at the respective areas of work
- Consistently and proactively monitor the safety and security of the team, promptly reporting concerns or incidents to MRFS management
- In collaboration with the GBV Officer, the teal leaders will be responsible for the following tasks, including the supervision of GBV social workers and Community mobilizers.
- To work closely with other team leaders (women center and outreach) to ensure both response and prevention activities are well coordinated.
- Assist in the development of weekly work plans, monitoring of activities and support GBV community workers/GBV psychosocial workers in the completion of planned activities.
- Supervise, monitor and conduct weekly exercises, discussions, coordinate group discussion sessions and role plays with community leaders, students and youth to educate and mobilize communities to appropriately prevent and respond to GBV incidences occurring in the community
- Assist in compiling statistics and weekly activity reports as per the program target objectives with guidance from GBV Officer
- Assist in supervising and provide training, leadership, mentorship, and other technical support to GBV community workers/GBV Psychosocial workers within MRFS GBV program to ensure all activities meet best practice standards.
- Assist in strengthening and maintain networks with community leaders and groups to ensure that survivors receive compassionate support from the community and encourage greater communication, and coordination with partners (protection, health, legal, and psychosocial sectors).
- Participate in awareness-raising and/or sensitization campaigns on MRFS’s programming and other GBV services in collaboration with the GBV Officer
- Support GBV social workers in case management referrals and follow ups at the community level and in identifying and referring all individuals who report GBV related incidents to the GBV social workers
- Work constructively within a team
Advertiser: Medical Relief for Syria
MRFS is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
Duty Station: Talbaider
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to MRFS email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please indicate the code of the position (NES-TLB-GBV-0111) in the Subject line.
- CVs without the subject line ” NES-TLB-GBV-0111 ” will not be considered.
- Only CVs in Word and pdf format will be accepted, other formats will be ignored.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.