JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 4496
Job Title: Senior Project Officer DEZ
Application deadline: 13.02.2021
To be successful in this role you must have:
– University degree or equivalent
– Degree in international development, health or business is an asset
– Minimum 2 years of professional experience in a management-related position
– Minimum 1 year of previous experience with a local or international NGO
– Experience in clinical management/quality or EORE is an asset.
Professional and Personal Competencies Required:
– Skills in developing training and providing coaching for capacity building
– Ability to develop information material
– Skills in report writing
– Knowledge of project monitoring and evaluation
– Analytical skills
– Ability to work with partners, civil society organizations or public authorities
– Knowledge of referrals mechanisms
– Professional English level
– Competency in Microsoft Office
– Ability to respect deadline and work under pressure
– Very positive personality, with strong orientation towards solutions
– Adaptability, flexibility
– Proactive and autonomy in work
– Excellent communication skills
Professional and Personal Competencies Desired:
– Skills in users centered approach and center based rehabilitation
– Experience in working with vulnerable groups
– Knowledge of project management cycle is asset
– Knowledge of and practices with data analysis
The organization will offer the successful applicant a contract till 30th June 2021, renewable dependent on both funding and performance.
Desirable starting date is Mid March 2021.
and be willing and able to work in Der Ezzour Governorate.
Salary and conditions will be according to salary grid.
Under the line management of the Project Manager, the Senior Project Officer will be responsible for the supervision and implementation of Organization’s Multi-Disciplinary Rehabilitation and Explosive Ordnance (Mine) Risk Education (EORE) activities in Deir ez Zor governorate.
Our Organization has been implementing EORE in Deir ez Zor governorate to increase awareness of Explosive Remnants of War (ERW) amongst the general population and reduce the risk ERW-related accidents. The Senior Project Officer will be responsible for the implementation and supervision of the EORE project, participate to the development of Organization strategy of intervention in North East Syria and ensure proper quality of the EORE project. The Senior Project Officer will provide training to the teams and support skill development to key staff members implementing EORE activities across multiple areas of Deir ez Zor. They will also coordinate relations with other Organization teams, other NGOs and local authorities in Organization intervention’s zones in North East Syria.
Through its health partners, Organization provides Multi-Disciplinary Rehabilitation services to persons with functional limitations in Deir Ez Zor governorate, which includes provision of physiotherapy, assistive mobility devices and caregiver education sessions. The Senior Project Officer will support the Project Manager (PM) in day to day monitoring of the partners and work with the Rehabilitation Technical Advisor and Rehabilitation Technical Officer to ensure the quality of services and implement capacity building with the partners’ physiotherapists in the governorate.
Line manager: Deir ez Zor Project Manager
Functional link: Physical Rehabilitation Technical Advisor / EORE Technical Advisor
Team managed: 3 x EORE Team Leaders, 12 x EORE Teams (24 x EORE agents)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Project Management and Activities:
- a) Project intervention strategy
– Contribute to develop the strategy of intervention/expansion of multi-disciplinary rehabilitation services and EORE activities in Deir ez Zor. Additionally, to support Covid response mainstreaming within health and EORE activities, including hygiene promotion activities. In case of Covid response extension organize and support to HP or other related teams.
– Participate in the identification and assessment of needs, as well as news areas of intervention;
– Participate in developing the methodology to be applied on the project and the development of supporting tools, along with the PM;
– Ensure that the different stages of the project cycle are properly followed at field level;
- b) Planning & implementation of the activities
– Support the PM in the design and planning of day-to-day rehabilitation and EORE activities according to the project objectives and priorities, and taking into account security issues. This includes provision of multi-disciplinary rehabilitation services (including mobile team), door-to-door EORE sessions, training of community-based EORE trainers and community surveys in new villages.
– Monitor the activities on the basis of the planned activities through regular field visits and report on actions done and/or difficulties encountered.
– Ensure systematic and proper filling of all project related forms and tools, in liaison with the Information Management (IM) Officer and PM;
– Plan implementation and follow-up of technical training (content, translation, handouts, schedule, curriculums, IEC tools needed, training reports, etc.) for Organization and partner staff, community members and staff from other organizations.
– Participate to the design and dissemination of tailored Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials to support rehabilitation and EORE activities, including identification of new IEC needs. You will ensure relevance/context and appropriateness of awareness tools with the support of the Technical Unit.
– Support the development and implementation of the referrals’ pathway to ensure community members’ access required services (both internally and externally). This includes identification of persons with functional limitations and supporting the collection of disability data through the EORE activities.
– For rehabilitation activities, participate in regular partnership reviews and support review of the existing partnership agreements, according to the current context, achievements and challenges of the project.
- c) Team management/HR
– In collaboration with the PM, participate in recruitment process and interviews of candidates for position under your line management.
– In collaboration with the PM, prepare induction process for new staff and ensure appropriate training/support is provided.
– In collaboration with the PM, conduct staff evaluation (appraisals)
– Provide support to the partner staff and directly manage and support the EORE teams on a daily basis, ensuring they are able to reach their weekly objectives;
– Manage HR issues faced on the field or within teams and report them to your line manager;
– Ensure a good communication with your staff through regular coordination meetings and build a strong and supportive team dynamic;
– Ensure conflict resolution (personal and professional) within your staff and inform in case of difficulties;
– Build and maintain a team dynamic cohesion and professionalism which enables the objectives of Organization to be carried out;
– Ensure feedback towards your team about issues potentially raised by them. In case of disciplinary measures related to staff under your supervision, support to designated disciplinary committee in address the complaints.
– Ensure smooth communication and liaison with other Organization teams working in NES;
– Organie staff annual leaves.
- d) Monitoring, Quality & Reporting
– Ensure technical support and quality assurance for the implementation of activities, in coordination with the relevant technical staff.
– Support the definition of tools and modalities to monitor the quality assurance system for the activities on the field;
– Conduct regular QA/QC assessments of EORE activities and ensure that all EORE sessions are conducted to a high quality standard in line with the International Mine Action Standards (IMAS) with the support of the technical advisor in Amman and PM;
– Monitor the activities through regular field visits and reports on actions done and/or difficulties encountered to ensure the project meets its objectives and maximize its impact;
– Develop case studies and success stories to illustrate changes induced by the project and for communication use
– Manage data collected in the field and coordinate with the PM and the IM Officer for data entry, consolidation & analysis;
– Send monthly reports to the PM on all activities conducted in the field and contribute to internal and external reports as requested;
– Ensure all material produced and data collected is accurate and adapted to the local context;
– With close coordination of PM, support the project (s) internal or external evaluations or any other related assessment, survey, etc.
– Write minutes of all meetings conducted/chaired for capitalization;
- e) Logistics & Security
– Centralize all needs in equipment and tools identified by the teams and coordinate with the PM and the logistics team to ensure they are addressed;
– In coordination with the Logistic department, ensure that the logistic aspects of the project at field level comply with Organization and donor’s standards and regulations and followed by each team member;
– Ensure that the team members know and follow the security procedures, in collaboration with the Area Manager;
– Inform the Area Manager of any security issues faced on the field by the team and keep a clear report on incidents and location of incidents. For day to day security affairs related to teams’ field movements/work keep close liaison with Senior Context and Liaison Officer (SCLO).
- f) External Coordination
– In cooperation with PM, building relationships with relevant Local Authorities, including Humanitarian Affair Offices, making sure authorizations are obtained in all project locations
– Communicate with external authorities and/or organizations to coordinate and provide updates on rehabilitation and EORE activities.
– Participate in Organization referral system towards other (I)NGOs and Organization internal departments
– Represent Organization in any other relevant external meetings when required, particularly in external Covid Committee meetings
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
Nothing to Mention.
Duty Station: Der Alzour
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.