JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 4497
Job Title: Hub HR Manager NES
Application deadline: 13.02.2021
About you: To be successful in this role you must have:
– First University degree in Human Resources Management, Business administration, or Humanitarian Administration
– At least 5-8 years of experience in Human resources/Admin field with 3 years of minimum experience at manager level or above
– Previous proven experience within the INGO or UN sectors.
– Previous experience in our Organization is an asset.
– Experience in Tools development
– Proven training and capacity building experience
Professional Competencies Required:
– Strong utilization of MS office / Excel.
– Knowledge of English and Arabic (oral and written) is mandatory.
Interpersonal skills and attitude:
– Strong organizational skills
– Autonomous, reactive and able to deal with priorities
– Extremely rigorous and precise, attention to details
– Diplomat, able to work collaboratively in a team
– Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
– Practical and problems solve
– Ability to deal with complexity at different level
– Facility to resume, share and consolidate information
– Commitment to values of inclusiveness, empowerment, accountability and gender equality
The organization will offer the successful applicant a contract till 31st Dec 2021, renewable dependent on both funding and performance.
Desirable starting date is Mid-March 2021.
and be willing and able to work in Amuda. With frequently travel in NES.
Salary and conditions will be according to salary grid. Minimum 2346 USD/month + (Allowances)
Reporting to the HR Coordinator, the Hub HR Manager (NES) ensures the efficient management of human resources for North East Hub. S/he participates actively in the phased reorganization of the Organization in the field as part of the ROOTS project and in efforts to retain staff and open up key posts to national staff, helping to ensure that the Organization is recognized as an “employer of choice in the aid sector” (2016-2025 strategy).
S/he is the focal point person for the operational HR in the Field. This position calls for regular visits to the different bases in the hub to ensure adequate HR management and monitoring over the hub within his/her geographical scope.
Line manager: HR Coordinator
Subordinates: HR Manager, HR Officers, Cook
Duties and Responsibilities
- Strategy and Steering
- Provides the HR Coordinator (Coordination) with HR options to support the implementation of the StartOp locally;
- Produces and updates the risk map covering his/her scope of responsibility. Proposes and implements risk mitigation measures;
- Contributes to incident reporting within his/her scope of responsibility;
- Be a strong interlocutor to the HR Coordinator regarding NES / Syrian rules and labor laws (working hours, overtime, etc.) and support him/her to follow up the respect of that law in any level
- Standards and Accountability
- Ensure proper implementation of the Organization recruitment process and application of the National Staff Recruitment Policy and annexes
- Ensures respect and application of the Organization HR standards for the whole of his/her professional sector, with regard to policy, processes and tools;
- Oversees internal control for his/her whole area of responsibility;
- Guarantees compliance with and application of institutional donor rules on all the projects implemented within his/her scope.
- Provide support in any disciplinary measures taken toward any employees.
- Operational HR Management
3.1 Planning Programme resources:
- Assists the HR Coordinator with the sizing of resources (quantitative and technical) and the drafting and monitoring of sourcing and skills development plans for the area within his/her hub, thereby contributing to efforts to retain staff and open up key posts to national staff;
- Assists with the HR section of budgets for project proposals and with budget steering, including HR /payroll projects
- Ensures the upgrading of managerial skills for all the managers working within his/her hub
- Organizes talents reviews: identifies talents and low performers and adapts the support plans of the staff concerned accordingly;
- Monitors psychosocial risks at work and ensures appropriate support is provided to any staff concerned;
- Coordinates specific situations (disabled workers, mobility).
3.2 Administration and payroll:
- Revise and validate the Data base on a monthly basis, calculate the salary;
- Coordinates and monitors the management of national staff payroll in the hub
- Ensure the proper administrative follow up on HR related issues: tracking leave balances for staff; contract management; maintain and update of the personnel files; maintain and update organizational chart as needed
- Ensure implementation of the HR policies
- Update and develop HR tools
- Follow up on the induction of the new staff coming to the hub
- Ensure proper implementation and follow up on the expats package
- Follow up with line mangers on expat contract extensions
3.3 Assisting the managers on his/her programme with the implementation of HR policies:
- On collective issues:
o Work organization
o Duty of care
- On individual issues:
o Health, etc.
3.4 Legal and social:
- Ensures a positive social climate;
- Represents the Organization with staff representatives;
- To effectively participate in the policy revision procedures with hubs managers
3.5 Rollout of the Organization’s Code of Conduct and institutional policies:
- Supports the HR Coordinator with the implementation of the Organization’s Code of Conduct and PSEA;
- Supports the HR Coordinator towards the operational implementation of decisions taken by the crisis cells;
- Supports the HR Coordinator towards the implementation of actions decided by the investigation cells.
- Professional Channel Management
- Develops a pool of local talent (carries out technical interviews with the candidates and formulates recommendations; identifies training needs)
- Develop good relationship with other NGO regarding HR issues.
- Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Takes part in analyzing the capacity of his/her team to respond to emergencies;
- Assist the HR Coordinator in identifying preparedness measures in liaison
- In the event of an emergency response, mobilizes and adapts his/her department and its processes: size of the team, line-management, coordination and communication mechanisms, ARCI, reporting, etc.;
- Assumes the role and stance of manager with regard to his/her HR staff:
- Fosters a team spirit and team works to ensure the necessary synergies between the divisions. Encourages the exchange of practices within and between divisions;
- Contributes towards the professional development of his/her team members: sets individual objectives, ensures that the know-how and motivations of his/her staff meet the organization’s needs;
- Provides individual and collective recognition
- Develops his/her staff ‘s ability to work autonomously
- Ensure regular field visits to conduct interviews and train the Organization employees concerned to HR procedures
- Ensure regular long-listing for every field of activities in order to have a permanent CV database and respond to any urgent and unexpected need
- Embodies and transmits the Organization’s values, ensures respect of its code of conduct and institutional policies and is vigilant with regard to expected attitudes and individual and collective behaviors.
- Manage Specific projects as determined in the annual HR plan for the hub
- To lead on the team-based training to HR department as needed.
Nothing to Mention.
Duty Station: Amuda
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.