JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 4508
Job Title: Anthropologist (Person Centered Care Ambassador) سفير الرعاية الشخصية المركزة
Application deadline: 09.02.2021
- Essential: University degree in medical anthropology, social-anthropology or sociology or a related
- Essential: Working language is English, therefore fluency in English is indispensable
- Essential: Previous work experience in relation with medical anthropology/socio-anthropology or
qualitative research is Essential.
- Desirable: Experience with our organization or any other NGO in public health
Provide our project with a socio-anthropological analysis and understanding of local, socio-cultural determinants such as
perception of health and illness and health seeking behaviour in order to improve medical activities.
- Support projects with testing community understanding throughout the whole project cycle (assessments, design and
planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation)
- Responsible for the strategy, planning and organization of participatory program design processes (involving patients,
staff and technical advisors) to create co-designed medical programs and/or improve key clinical process in the clinical
setting (eg. admission/ ward rounds/ consultation/ discharge)
- Support to Person Centered Health Programming ambitions in the mission
- In collaboration with project coordinator and medical team leader identify and design pro-active and reactive feedback
channels appropriate to the context and communities. Support PC/MTL on closing the feedback loop to the
- Support quality monitoring through collection and analysis of user (patients) and career (staff) experiences.
- Responsible for mapping of community structures, (formal and informal) actors and social networks to support dialogue
and coordination with different actors and stakeholders
- Support projects in assuring two-way communication with communities; organize assessments to understand community
health info wishes, needs and preferred methods. Support on development of community centered communication plans
and developing roles for patient advocates.
- Support with implementation and management of activities to in-cooperate the voices of patients and communities in
existing health programs through establishment of, for example, community care teams (including community
stakeholders and our staff) and/or patient advisory groups
- Provide support, advice and training to colleagues on community values, perspectives, health context and social realities
to support Person Centered Care practices
- Provide feedback and recommend areas for improvement of person and community centeredness in the mission’s health
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
Nothing to Mention.
Duty Station: Hassakeh/Al Hol (with visits to other locations inside North East Syria).
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Applicants must submit their CV and cover letter (in English only) no later than
5pm, 9th of February 2021
- Applicants must submit their CV and cover letter (in English only) no later than
5pm, 9th of February 2021
• Applications can be dropped in the box at the organization’s office (Salheiyeh Neighborhood near Adnan Pharmacy) or
they can be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Applications must clearly state “Anthropologist”
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
• This NGO does not charge a fee for any applications received