JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 4511
Job Title: Protection Officer-Amuda مسؤول حماية- عامودا
Application deadline: 2/14/2021
– Only CVs and letters in English will be considered;
– Only emails with subject “Protection Officer-Amuda” will be considered;
– Kindly do not send multiple applications for UPP vacancies. UPP HR Officer will be responsible for redirecting your CV under the proper position.
– Kindly be specify in the text of the email the area of expertise between GBV, CP and ProM
General scope of the position:
Support activities to mainstream protection in health programming, to include capacity building, data collection and the implementation of the beneficiary complaint and feedback response mechanism (FCRM); support the implementation of integrated health and protection prevention activities such as awareness raising and campaigning.
The protection officer reports directly to the protection coordinator/specialist and works closely with the protection and prevention outreach workers (PPOs).
Key tasks and responsibilities:
– Participate in capacity building activities to improve own skills and knowledge.
– Contribute to the design and facilitate training and workshops on protection issues.
– Conduct capacity building assessments at clinic level.
– Lead the organization and implementation of assessments on the needs of targeted populations including support with designing tools and identifying the appropriate methodology; communicate closely and effectively with local authorities, civil society organizations and INGOs and report to protection coordinator/specialist.
– Conduct protection mainstreaming monitoring exercises in health facilities and report to protection coordinator/specialist.
– Identify challenges and opportunities as regards FCRM, provide guidance to clinic staff on implementation and report to protection coordinator/specialist.
– Contribute to and update the service mapping and administer service mapping surveys to service providers.
– Support field staff with information dissemination, awareness raising and campaigning identifying challenges and opportunities, provide guidance to health facility staff and report to the protection coordinator/specialist.
– Provide support and mentoring to field staff on referrals according to inter-agency referral standards and report challenges and opportunities.
– Compile draft reports with preliminary protection considerations and analysis.
– Liaise and coordinate with the local implementing partner.
– Attend coordination and sub-working group meetings as needed.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills:
– Fluency in English (excellent), Kurdish and Arabic;
– Thorough understanding and knowledge of general protection issues including child protection and/or women protection and empowerment/GBV;
– Experience in facilitating trainings and workshops on protection issues;
– Experience in conducting assessments of the needs of local populations including surveys, focus group discussion (FGDs) and key informant interviews (KIIs) and communicate closely and effectively with local authorities, civil society organizations and/or INGOs;
– Proficiency in MS Office, especially in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel;
– Excellent reporting and writing skills (especially in English);
– Attention to details and strong problem-solving skills;
– Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work;
– Strong organizational and planning skills, ability to set and follow work plans;
– Proven assistant experience and ability to monitor and supervise activities;
– Ability to work individually and as part of a team, high level of interpersonal skills and patience.
Working hours: Full time
NGO name: UPP (Un Ponte Per)
Work experience: minimum 1-3 years
Language required: English (excellent), Kurdish, Arabic
Education: Bachelor Degree is an advantage
Duty Station: Amuda office (travelling and overnight stays at project locations are required)
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.