JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 4517
Job Title: Assets Officer مسؤول معدات
Application deadline: 16.02.2021
College degree, preferably in Economics, Computer Sciences, related fields, etc.
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Attention to details.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently.
- Trustworthy, reliability, openness and ability respond rapidly to queries.
- Problem solving abilities.
- Knowledge of generic warehouse management systems and forms
- Solid knowledge and understanding of the Syrian context, including geographical, political and security aspects.
- Organized, results and detailed oriented, proactive.
- Team player and good communication skills.
- Strong computer competency with word processing, Excel, Outlook spreadsheets, databases, and other IT skills.
- Possess leadership qualities and willing to exercise initiative.
- Willingness to travel regularly.
- Competent in spoken and written Arabic, and English.
The organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer which considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
The organization encourages women to work with us to reach the neediest people in need of humanitarian assistance, such as women, widows and children. We are committed to providing a decent work environment that takes into account the needs of women in the workplace, such as maternity leave and safety protocols that take into account the special needs of women in the field.
Specific responsibilities include,
- Every quarter, the Asset Officer shall prepare a list of assets bought during last quarter and request financial report for asset codes to reconcile and ensure the assets were purchased under the grant code in the asset records.
- Update any identified need for recoding of assets T1. Shall a need for recoding is identified, the Assets Officer shall coordinate with finance and grants team to ensure proper recoding is documented and the “5IQ NES Asset List” is updated accordingly.
- Ensure that assets, property including ICT equipment, furniture, and office equipment are tracked, and are employed for legitimate purposes only.
- Develop and maintain Asset Registers, including acquisitions, maintenance management, and transfers.
- Manage secure storage of unassigned assets.
- Execute and monitor the implementation of the asset acquisition, maintenance and disposal plans.
- Asset reporting as required to Supply Chain manager.
- Advise the Warehouse officer/Supply Chain Manager of asset-specific issues or improvements.
- Assist in start-up of new offices – assess asset and furniture needs, develop planning and budget. Document.
- Monitor and record the transfer of assigned equipment between Field Supervisors.
- Weekly inventory checks for assets with all Field Supervisors; enforce inventory procedures; keep organized inventory records.
- In charge of doing fiscal year count and end of grant inventory for assets.
- Ensure all assets are tagged.
- Track all junked/sold equipment through end-of-life cycle.
- Track and record locations of all inventoried assets to the greatest extent possible.
- Assist with the Transportation Officer For moving organization assets where needed.
- Keep a clear follow up and clear flow of documentation related to Asset Equipment.
- Following up with BIS Tracking Sheet and update the BIS list (add items “coordinate with IT Officer” or following up with it to define the items get approved “coordinate with SC Manager in Dohuk”.
- Any other duties as required.
PROGRAM: Iraq Cross-Border Program
REPORTS TO: Supply Chain Manager
STARTING DATE: ASAP
GRADE: 8B Functional Support
DURATION: One Year
Reporting to Supply Chain Manager. The Asset Officer is responsible for the efficient coordination and management of all assets and property equipment for the organization’s office in NE Syria. As a part of Supply Chain team in Hassakah she/he must be able to services, whilst ensuring best practices and maintaining audit-compliant records. He/she will also assist the IT Officer and Program Officer in defining the requested assets.
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
Nothing to Mention.
Duty Station: Hassakah, Syria
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Go to the below link and fill out the spaces with needed information and then submit your application. Make sure you attach supported document (PDF-Word).
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.