JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 4525
Job Title: Area Manager مدير منطقة
Application deadline: 10-Feb-21
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject, or other compelling, equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 previous experience in a similar or related position
- Experience with external liaising and strong knowledge of key interlocutors in NES.
- Fluency in Arabic and Kurdish required; English fluency is a plus
- Solid administration and project management experience required
- Willingness to have a very hands-on approach and active engagement with expert and working level contacts.
- A readiness to uphold the highest standards of integrity, adherence to humanitarian principles and standards as well as a commitment to the overall mission
- Strong multi-tasking, time-management and administrative skills needed.
- Ability to travel between Hasaka and DEZ with minimum ressources (Like Cars, Taxi .. ) is a must
- Oversee all the smooth implementation of programs in Al Hasakah districts governorate of Syria
- Assist with Program Development and External Relations departments with the scoping of potential new areas for engagement through analysis of secondary data, stakeholder analysis and field assessments.
- Promote and encourage community engagement, participation in and ownership of activities at the local and national level.
- Coordinate all RI field activities with other NGOs in operational areas
- Follow up on all office administration issues
Liaison & Humanitarian Access:
- Support the conduct, update, and compilation of reports on humanitarian assessments and access in field areas, and facilities.
- Support agency administrative process to facilitate all required government approvals and processes for RI operations and staff.
- Establish strong relationship with relevant external stakeholder in Iraq Hub and compile, maintain and update an Iraq Hub actors mapping data base.
- In coordination with Hub Team leader and Safety and Security Manager, Liaise with authorities to facilitate movement of supplies across the border and support program activities as requested by RI.
- On a daily basis, support with information on the changing threat environment and political and humaniatrin context through detailed collection and verification of information.
- Develop the knowledge required to follow-up, and report on incidents, ensuring consistent communication with designated staff.
- Support the compilation of weekly reports on the local situation regarding areas of operation.
- Document and inspect all satellite phones, first aid kits, hibernation kits, and fire-fighting equipment in coordination with Logistics, to ensure they are always operational.
- Monitor guards and ensure they are abiding by guard duties and responsibilities. Ensure they have adequate equipment at all times and understand what to do in emergencies.
- Maintain the communications tree support with the conduct of drills.
- Contribute to all reports as requested.
- Support with Incident/Crisis Management as required. Most expected role government liaison and recording/scriber of the CMT.
- Coordinate with law enforcement agencies, other INGOs, and government sectors, as requested.
- Compile and maintain a database of NGO stakeholders.
- Accompany members of the Senior Management Team(SMT) to meetings with stakeholders and provide translation and minutes of meeting support.
Duty Station: Al Hasakah
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.