JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 4541
Job Title: WAHSH REHABILITATION OFFICER مسؤول إعادة تأهيل قسم المياه والإصحاح
Application deadline: 15.02.2021
Diploma in Engineering + at least 6 months – 1-year experience in laboratory environment.
– If no diploma or lower diploma in these areas equivalent of 1 to 2 years progressive experiences in NGO for rehabilitations is requested (knowledges of water stations, water authorities,).
– Education target: Engineering diploma in chemicals and/or biology.
– English (Speaking-Written) would be an asset, application needs to be done in English.
– Team spirit.
Goal / Purpose:
Under the management of the WASH REHABILITATION Supervisor (=WRS), the WASH REHABILITATION Officer (=WRO) will :
– supervise and monitor implementation of SI rehabilitation activities in water/irrigation/power stations (mainly: supervise companies works on sites and control check equipment received);
– participate to technical assessment in water/irrigation/power stations in the governorate;
– ensure that deadlines and quality requirements are met;
– follow up of all stations after handovers (water quality testing at HHs and station levels, maintenance follow up, field surveys…);
– collect data of completed work for final reports.
List of main tasks:
Set-up and operational monitoring
- Under the supervision of the WRS, take part in logistical and administrative organization and the planning and preparation of SI implementation and monitoring activities
- Ensure the water/irrigation/power stations works follow up
o Take part of weekly meeting on sites and liaise with companies;
o Daily visiting and supervising sites of intervention;
o Ensure respect of safety/security procedures by all companies workers or visitors on site
o Carry out work according to technical guidelines
o Respect deadlines established with his/her WRS
- Ensure the water/irrigation/power stations assessments
o Take part in the identification of sites where work is to be carried out
o Carry out technical assessments of identified sites and make detailed recommendations and quotation for interventions
o Include and work in close cooperation with the workforce identified by RCC
o Respect deadlines established with his/her WRS
- Supervise operational teams, contractors and communities, and ensure the best use of available resources
- Anticipate any problems associated with the management of his/her activity and propose solutions to avoid them
- Manage the supply of worksite materials as instructed by the WRS and by collaborating with the logistics department
- Report to the team leader on the state of decentralized stock (‘field’ stock) on his/her sites.
- Take part to the evaluation of the technical competence of contractors
- Respect Solidarités administrative procedures before, during and after each work project
- Establish safety and security measures for each activity and ensure that these rules are respected by the workforce under his/ her supervision and by the population
- Collaborate with local authorities and administration to ensure access and authorized works as requested by the line manager.
- Report the construction progress to your management and update the relevant formats and databases for the rehabilitation activities;
- To compile the technical reports
- To measure, verify and record all technical data at each step of the project in order to submit as-built design at the end of the project.
- Keep his/her monitoring tools and files archived in the Solidarités office, accessible to his/her WRS
- Take part in the drafting of project progress reports and database under the supervision of the WRS
- Take part in seminars and workshops related to the carrying-out of activities and to project objectives
- Report to the WRS regarding the development of activities and specific tasks that he/she has been assigned, any problems encountered and the quality of relations with the beneficiaries
- Report back all information or problems linked to his/her activity, Solidarités programs or safety issues
- Make sure that the security rules are perfectly well known understood and followed by the daily workers.
- Listen to the local population and authorities in order to identify any needs, complaints, or major events which could affect the activities of Solidarités
- Analyse the humanitarian situation by taking into account protection issues/Do No Harm to the population
- Take part in lessons learnt workshops and other program evaluation activities.
- Collaborate with local authorities and administration
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
Nothing to Mention.
Duty Station: Raqqa
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Thank to send your application with a resume, cover letter, copy of diplomas, and work certificate, to SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL office at Raqqa, or by email to : Raq.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.