JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 4548
Job Title: Legal Community Mobiliser-Abu Khashab camp مثقف مجتمعي قانوني- أبو خشب
Application deadline: 20.02.2021
- Bachelor degree in Law or relevant professional training, or;
- Hold secondary school certificate alongside 1-2 years demonstrated experience with community work, community mobilization and engagement, and working with refugees and IDPs affected by conflict.
- Competency in writing weekly and monthly reports.
- Ability to keep records and write simple and basic reports of activities would be an added advantage.
- Ability to discuss sensitive issues with respect and empathy
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with Word/Excel.
- Language – Fluency in Arabic mandatory. English and Kurdish preferred.
Professional Standards: The organization and its workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the organization Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the organization operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
The organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer which considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
The organization encourages women to work with us to reach the neediest people in need of humanitarian assistance, such as women, widows and children. We are committed to providing a decent work environment that takes into account the needs of women in the workplace, such as maternity leave and safety protocols that take into account the special needs of women in the field
- Conduct a survey of access to justice and awareness of protection and rights in the community and camps, likely focusing on access to civil status documentation and access to justice in northeast Syria.
- Deliver information sessions on protection, rights and entitlements, legal status, and other issues as required. Provide legal counselling as necessary for individual cases.
- Identify legal needs in the field and provide on-site counselling to persons of concern coordinating with Sr.Legal Officer.
- Receive and attend to referrals from local NGOs, community members, and INGOs.
- Putting map existing legal services/administrative bodies in the area and update it.
- Supporting Returnees related of legal issues (possession of documents- risks of lack civil documentation – how to renew them .etc).
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop the organization programs.
Job Overview/Summary: This position will be based in Abu Khashab camp will focus on supporting the implementation of protection rule of law (PRoL) programs in northeast Syria. The organization is scaling up its PRoL portfolio in the Northeast Syrian programs including the addition of legal assistance activities. The Legal Community Mobiliser (LCM) will play a key role in supporting and expanding the legal element of organization’s protection programming. They will be expected to directly support vulnerable refugees, IDPs and host community members to access their legal rights through awareness sessions, individual counselling and legal assistance. The LCMs will report to the Senior Legal Officer (SLO).
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
Nothing to Mention.
Duty Station: Abu Khashab camp
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Go to the below link and fill out the spaces with needed information and then submit your application. Make sure you attach supported document (PDF-Word).
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.