JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 4556
Job Title: Education/PSS Officer مسؤول التعليم, الدعم النفسي الاجتماعي
Application deadline: 20.02.2021
- At least 2 year’s professional experience on a position of Officer or other position with similar level of responsibilities and requirements in humanitarian and/or development organization;
- Proven experience with team management;
- Proven experience in Education and/or (Child) Protection programming, and familiarity with relevant Education/Protection and humanitarian standards and guidelines;
- Strong understanding of quality standards in humanitarian programming, including safeguarding and accountability mechanisms;
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate organizational and problem solving skills;
- Excellent communication skills, including fluent spoken and written English and Arabic, including ability to write high quality reports;
- Excellent organization and coordination skills and capacity to prioritize, communicate effectively, and meet deadlines;
- Proven experience with liaison with local authorities and external stakeholders;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook;
- Able to cope with a challenging and constantly evolving humanitarian work environment, often under pressure.
- Ensure quality and timely implementation of CVT’s Education & Child Protection programming in Manbij (camps and urban) CFSs and TLCs;
- Together with the Education & Child Protection PM, provide technical guidance to the programme team;
- Conduct weekly field monitoring visits to key sites to draw recommendations for improvements in technical quality and adherence to key standards and processes, and conduct weekly meetings;
- Develop implementation plans for field activities and track progress to date on outputs and activities;
- Ensure close cooperation with the MEAL team, and provide support where needed during high demands or need for technical knowledge;
- Ensure all existing program quality related tools that were agreed with the Education & Child Protection PM are well understood and used by programme team;
- Support Education & Child Protection PM in the development of program procurement plans and processes;
- Support the Education & Child Protection PM in ensuring that protection is mainstreamed throughout the entire project cycle;
- In coordination with the Protection team, identify needs for training on protection mainstreaming topics and guidance especially on the referral of children in need of specialized assistance;
- Undertake other related duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Education & Child Protection PM.
- Create and feed in to weekly team planning based on monthly objectives or assigned tasks;
- Manage a team of about 20 – 30 national project staff – direct line management of Education/PSS Assistants in Manbij;
- Supervise assistants, facilitators and other support staff in the day-to-day running of the CFS/TLC;
- Feed in to team planning, development and restructuring as and when required;
- Participate in recruitment of additional staff as needed and budgeted in line with CVT recruitment procedures;
- Responsible for leading on the batch recruitment of camp-based staff;
- Assess training and development needs within the programme team, feed into project capacity building plan.
- Support in developing and implementing M&E tools and data collection, support the Education & Child Protection PM with context-specific inputs needed for the development of to education/protection and multi-sectoral proposals;
- Reflecting upon field experience, support Education & Child Protection PM with the development of relevant tools and SOPs for the programme relevant activities.
Reporting and Documentation
- Compile and prepare high quality and timely bi-weekly and monthly narrative reports on activities undertaken in the CFS/TLC including child attendance, challenges encountered and documenting best practice, draft 4Ws, monthly indicator tracking documents;
- Provide feedback and comments to Education/PSS assistants to the draft bi-weekly and monthly narrative reports, including feedback/correction/translation of the English language;
- Support Education & Child Protection PM during monthly, quarterly, semi-annual donor reporting, as per request;
- Ensuring timely tracking, uploading and archiving of narrative reports and operational documents onto the online archiving system.
- Ensure coordination with local authorities including, but not limited to Camp Administration, Local Councils and the HAO in relation to ongoing projects is in place and working (direct liaison or delegating as relevant);
- Stand in for the Education & Child Protection PM where needed and relevant.
Line Manager: Education & Child Protection PM
Starting date: March 2021
General Position summary:
With supervision from the Education & Child Protection PM will have a vital role in leading the programme team in Manbij, timely implementation and ensuring overall quality of the non-formal Education and PSS programming in PIN’s areas of operation in both camp and urban setting of Manbij.
The Education/PSS Officer is responsible for implementation of the following components:
- (Non-Formal) Education
- Psycho-Social Support activities
- Ensuring a safe Child-Friendly Space (CFS) / Temporary Learning Space (TLS)
- Active community outreach and engagement including parenting skills sessions
- Both male and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Possibility to gain working experience within in internationally recognized NGO;
- 24 days of paid leave per year.
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
Nothing to Mention.
Duty Station: Menbij
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application by February 20th 2021 via a link https://airtable.com/shrI4EzXaiz8kPZRc .
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.