JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 4558
Job Title: Program Officer – Women’s Empowerment and Community Engagement مسؤول برنامج- تمكين المرأة وادماجها في المجتمع
Application deadline: 21.02.2021
- Technical skills in community engagement
- Technical skills in gender and women’s empowerment
- Bachelor Degree in social sciences or related field
- Master’s Degree in social sciences, communication, gender or related field
- Technical experience with community engagement, community development and dialogue
- Technical skills in gender equality and women’s empowerment,
- A minimum 1 years’ experience in with Local or International NGOs at project coordination and management capacity.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to work independently.
- People management skills
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Word preferred.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabi
- Desire to learn, willingness to ask questions, cultural sensitivity, and flexibility are desired characteristics.
- Experience with livelihoods interventions
- Experience with M&E and reporting
- Experience in program management cycle
- Fluency in Kurmanji
- Contribute to stakeholder mapping and assessment and lead in the development of the community engagement and women’s empowerment work plan.
- Develop a detailed, costed work plan for engaging community member and specifically men and boys in support of women’s economic empowerment and gender transformative initiatives
- Organize project meetings and workshops with the project team and partners
- Establish a network of focal points from other INGOs/LNGOs/CSOs working on similar projects/interventions in target project areas
- Coordinate with local and stakeholders to ensure the women’s economic empowerment program is well coordinated with local actors and necessary approval is in place to implement the program
- Ensure all aspects of the project are focused building a project that focuses on changes in women’s agency, relations, and structures – all aimed at gender transformative programming.
- Coordinate with other INGOs/LNGOs who implement livelihood and resilience programs in NES to avoid duplication and build synergies among agencies
- Working with implementing partners to ensure project plans are executed in line with overall project strategies and work plans
- Lead on the work to build linkages with gender champions and organizations working toward gender equality.
- Facilitate stakeholder and community sensitization and mobilization sessions, meetings and events
- Network gender champions and women’s organizations in support of women’s economic empowerment
- Provide gender responsive capacity building support to gender champions
- Establish strong relationship with local authorities and stakeholders to increase community engagement in key steps during the implementation
- Establish and run PERSEVERE’s social media engagement component
- Supervise and or support consultants selected to work in social media engagement
- Support to design monitoring and evaluation plan for the assigned project components
- Participate in project monitoring and evaluation processes by documenting best practices, lessons learnt, beneficiary interviews, case studies and capturing field photos/videos
- Provides regular reports in line with the project agreement and work plan to the Program Manager and contribute to develop donor reports
- Liaison with MEAL department to ensure relevant MEAL activities are conducted for the PERSEVERE program
- Contribute to project reflection sessions and document best practices/lessons of the PERSEVERE program
- Work closely with the program manager and other departments to ensure timely support from finance, logistic and procurement throughout implementation of assigned projects.
- Provide inputs to prepare and update project spending plans and cash projections on a monthly basis.
- Review and approve payment vouchers in line with finance policies and procedures
The Women’s Empowerment and Community Engagement Program Officer is responsible for leading the women and community empowerment initiates under the PERSEVERE Women’s Economic Empowerment program. The Program Officer will lead the program community engagement aimed at the economic empowerment of women. The Program Officer reports to the Women Economic Empowerment Program Manager and is responsible for ensuring that community engagement initiatives are conducted according to standards and in line with key relevant guidelines. He/she will work with local partner organizations, community organizations, other NGOs, line ministries, humanitarian affairs offices and community leaders to ensure coordination of activities, promote work, create synergies and establish community support for women’s economic empowerment initiatives.
PERSEVERE programming in NES will include support for agriculture value chains, income generation activities, women’s empowerment, and economic development. The Program Officer is expected to have technical skills and experience in these types of gender in livelihoods interventions as well as skills in community engagement and dialogue.
Contract period: Till 31st March 2021 (with possibility to extend)
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
Nothing to Mention.
Duty Station: Hassakah
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
- CV and cover letter should be in one file and only application in English will be considered;
- Application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date of 21st February 2021;
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.