إعلان وظيفة شاغرة رقم: 4593
المسمى الوظيفي: Safety and Security Officer
اخر موعد للتقديم: 28.02.2021
- Considerable practical experience of security assessment, planning and implementation of procedures in the context of UN or NGO humanitarian operations.
- Experience working with refugees and/or displaced communities or camps a plus
- Ability to advice and support field staff in a consultative manner.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, together with the capacity to remain calm under pressure and not lose sight of strategic priorities.
- Must be organized and efficient.
- Ability to receive feedback and adapt behavior accordingly
- A sound understanding of the importance of gender in humanitarian work.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and the ability to work in a wide variety of cultural contexts.
- Sympathy with the aim and objectives.
- Committed to humanitarian principles and emergency response work.
- Flexibility and good team player.
- Good knowledge of written and spoken Arabic and Kurdish, plus working knowledge of English would represent a distinct advantage.
- This person will be responsible for the ongoing safety and security for all staff. This will include training staff on security SOPs and ensuring safety protocols are being followed
- Develop, disseminate and regularly update written Security Plan and tools (this includes information pertinent to the area of operations such as detailed threat assessment, standard operating procedures (personal movement & transport, office, warehouse, landmines and UXO, telecommunications, incident report sheets, etc), asset protection, contingency plans for incidents, emergency evacuations policy, etc.).
- On-going monitoring of the political, social, economic and military situation, identifying trends relevant to the security situation.
- Lead safety and security assessments.
- Coordinate with other team members to ensure staff know how to identify health risks, how to protect against illness, injury and stress, and how to obtain proper support or medical treatment.
- Ensure that all individuals understand personal responsibilities for their own safety.
- Ensure operational plans and budgets reflect responsibilities for staff management, training, support, security and well-being.
- Advise on technical areas of camp operation (i.e Distributions Officers – advise and develop distribution plans to ensure safety of staff and beneficiaries; drivers on seat belt policy, etc.)
- Represent and coordinate amongst all actors (state, military, UN, NGO, etc) on all matters pertaining to safety and security targeting camps. Share security-related information with other members of the humanitarian community.
- Set clear standards for security and develop an individual and collective sense of security and safety awareness and responsibility.
- Create a positive security profile and ensure that security planning becomes an integral part of day-to-day operations.
- Monitor that all staff follow appropriate security and safety precautions and procedures and never risk their lives to protect property. Clearly articulate consequences of not doing so.
- Coordinate staff briefing and appropriate training in safety and security procedures.
- Organize regular security meetings and provide an opportunity for team members to voice security-related concerns.
- Record and report immediately all significant threats to staff and security, and all security and safety incidents to the NES security unit via the SSSO and NES SSM.
- Advise NES SSM of decisions concerning evacuations and other actions in emergency situations.
- Work with staff to ensure appropriate steps are taken to safeguard office premises, equipment and residential property.
- Advise on site selection for office buildings/distribution sites, mobilization activities, travel and logistics, and other program activities etc.
- Close follow-up, monitoring and preparation of movements within the camp and surrounding areas
- Know how to use all types of radios, codes, call numbers and radio alphabets by heart and communicate with base according to
- communications policy to inform the driver’s position and any potential implications. (In case of radio use in the mission)
- Know and respect the Safety & Security protocols related to vehicle movements, specifically those related to customs, checkpoints and roadblocks. Ensure all passengers know and respect the security rules.
الجهة المعلنة: Confidential غير معلن
مقر العمل: Hasakeh
كيفية التقدم للمنصب:
يرجى ارسال السيرة الذاتية على البريد الالكتروني / الرابط الإلكتروني التالي:
مع ضروة وضع رقم الإعلان أعلاه و المسمى الوظيفي او عنوان الشاغر في عنوان الرسالة (خانة الموضوع).
ملاحظة عامة: معظم الجهات المعلنة لا تقبل التقدم للشواغر إلا بالطريقة الإلكترونية أعلاه.