JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 4621
Job Title: مساعد مالي Finance Assistant
Application deadline: 3/3/2021, 11:00 pm
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be willing to abide by the organization code of conduct and understand the principals of statement of faith, as well as be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Effectively prioritize, plan and fulfill many administrative tasks;
- Ability to take initiative to perform essential tasks;
- Take responsibility for assigned duties;
- Readily admit and learn from mistakes;
- Look for ways to improve forms, processes, and procedures;
- Organized, cleanly, and conscientious while paying careful attention to details;
- Facility with Excel and active engagement to solve problems and learn new skills;
- Excellent Communication skill (Oral and Written) in English;
- Possess strong organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Self-starter and internally driven to success and hard work;
- Must be a humble team player, willing to receive correction from others, and make changes;
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable;
- Commitment to serving with excellence;
- Respond promptly with compassionate action to help colleagues in the mission;
- High level of integrity and financial stewardship;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and capacity to learn how to use new software.
Education / Experience Needed
- High School Diploma
- Entry-level accountant, preferably with at least 2 years’ of professional work experience.
- Arabic and English required, spoken and written.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job..
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, work in silence and concentrate on tasks for long periods; be interrupted and answer questions or facilitate an administrative task; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; stoop, kneel, crouch; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 kilograms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Position Title: Finance Assistant
Duty Station: Hassakeh, Northeast Syria
Reports To: Finance Officer
The Finance Assistant (FA) will be responsible for petty cash disbursements; filing all documents physically and electronically; scanning documents to a remote server; retrieving documents when requested by Finance, Operations, or external auditors; review ledgers and expense reports to upload entries to accounting software.
Nine months contract, with possibility for extension.
- Execute the plan for document flow and filing for the office, as directed by the Finance Manager (FM) and guided by the Finance Officer (FO);
- Manage petty cash, cell phone scratch cards, ledgers, trackers, upload and reconcile through FC, weekly;
- Provide supporting documents for all petty cash transactions to the FM, weekly;
- Assist with the month-end reconciliation process;
- Facilitate currency exchanges, request additional funds from the FO, while paying close attention to cash balances and planning transfers ahead of time;
- Actively engage in team meetings with the FM and FO to grow in technical competence and character;
- Communicate effectively and timely through email, WhatsApp, or Skype and engage in technical problem solving by soliciting the assistance of the FO, Operations or IT Helpdesk.
Complete other activities as directed by the FO and performing all other tasks and responsibilities assigned for the benefit of the organization with a generous and serving spirit.
Duty Station: Al-Hasakeh, NES Syria
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.