JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 4628
Job Title: Protection Monitoring Officer مسؤول مراقبة الحماية
Application deadline: 08.03.2021
- A Diploma in social sciences, psychology, political sciences, development or any other related field.
- At least two years’ experience in an NGO, preferably in social work or research
- Belief in human rights including gender equality.
- Good communication skills including ability to gain trust and build relationships with new communities.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word and excel
- Experience in regular report writing
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently.
- Previous experience in protection and humanitarian work
- Protection background desirable
- Experience in implementing participatory monitoring, reporting & evaluation and community assessments is desirable.
- Flexible and able to work in a dynamic and diverse environment.
- Fluency in Arabic. Proficiency in English preferred.
- Demonstrated interest in humanitarian work and supporting people affected by conflict
- Positive and professional attitude, flexible, and able work under pressure
- Eager to collaborate with and support people from different ethnic groups and different religions
- Team-oriented and collaborative
The organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer which considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
The organization encourages women to work with us to reach the neediest people in need of humanitarian assistance, such as women, widows and children. We are committed to providing a decent work environment that takes into account the needs of women in the workplace, such as maternity leave and safety protocols that take into account the special needs of women in the field.
SCOPE OF WORK: Under the direct supervision of the Protection Monitoring Officer, the community assessor will be responsible for monitoring protection risks among IDPs, returnees and other conflict affected population within targeted areas in Raqqa countryside in a manner that protects the safety, confidentiality and dignity of target population. Monitoring activities will lead to a) an increased understanding of the protective environment, including essential demographic data, vulnerability mapping, available services, and existing gaps impacting IDPs, returnees and host populations, and b) sharable reports detailing needed actions by all actors (organization, humanitarian actors and local authorities) to address protection concerns/gaps and contribute to referral mechanisms for specialized services. S/he will also be responsible for gathering data on available services and supporting the Information Officer to refer persons of concern to required services. S/he will receive technical guidance and support from the Protection Monitoring Officer, Protection Reporting Officer and Protection Manager and respond to questions and requests for additional information on submitted protection data on a weekly basis.
Protection monitoring and response
- Conduct regular mobile field visits per week to assigned area(s) of responsibility to meet with community key stakeholders and identify protection risks and threats.
- Carry out at least 5 household monitoring visits per day and one community risk profiling per month in the assigned area(s) of responsibility
- Monitor and assess the target population in the assigned area at household and community level through household visits site visits, direct observation and community consultations.
- Enhance and facilitate discussions on main protection risks/concerns and response capacity within the displaced and the host communities.
- Conduct risk screening and identify cases for individual protection assistance according to pre-defined criteria.
- Provide individual protection assistance to identified persons at protection risk including referrals of persons with protection risks to the Protection Monitoring Officer, other organization programs and/or relevant agencies.
- Develop monthly visit plans on assessing, re-assessing and following up cases in coordination with Protection Monitoring Officer and other (field) staff.
- Ensure dissemination of clear and reliable information on service provision and other pre-selected key topics.
Reporting and documentation
- Submit weekly and monthly activity plans, reports and recommendations for assessed persons and identified beneficiaries to the Protection Monitoring Officer;
- Prepare and maintain in a well-organized manner comprehensive files for each managed case, as well as keep a report of information gathered during field visits and in-house meetings
- Ensure all monitoring activities are fully documented, including systematic and timely data collection and contribute to data entry on a regular basis as per the standard monitoring formats.
- Keep track of all contacted and visited households and ensure timeliness of action.
- Develop response plans/strategies for key community protection risks identified.
- Carry out actor mapping for assigned areas of responsibility and constantly update the service map in coordination with other stakeholders.
- Report on special needs cases and advise on type of assistance, following discussion with beneficiaries.
- Updating the database on case referral and follow up.
Coordination and liaison
- Liaise with local advocacy groups, community based committees and other relevant local stakeholders to improve the effectiveness of the protection monitoring activities.
- Develop and maintain a clear communication line with the Community Focal Points for the identifying and refer protection concerns.
- Maintain constructive relationships with local authorities, community leaders, other organizations in coordination with the other team members
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
Nothing to Mention.
Duty Station: Tal Saman Camp
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Go to the below link and fill out the spaces with needed information and then submit your application. Make sure you attach supported document (PDF-Word).
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.